2” front lift to level trailboss

3 hours ago, Trailboss91 said:

Has anyone gotten just a 2” lift on the front of the truck to level it out with the back? Does it make it truly level? Shop I dealt with kept telling me it would be “close enough”, any advice is appreciated!

2 inch is too much.  Most have found that a 1.5 inch Motofab level is the correct height to evenly level it.  You need to measure the distance from the top of your wheel well opening to the floor in both the front and back and find the difference for the exact height needed for a level.

Edited by z1boss

3 hours ago, Trailboss91 said:

Has anyone gotten just a 2” lift on the front of the truck to level it out with the back? Does it make it truly level? Shop I dealt with kept telling me it would be “close enough”, any advice is appreciated!

1 1/2 motofab is perfect

20190325_075841_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snowman44 said:

Is the motofab a temporary fix until the rough country leveling kit comes in or is the motofab kit good to go?  Spoke with rough country today they said mid summer leveling kit and I have my rims and tires ready to go.

It's a temporary fix but I have a feeling many will just leave it on.  Supposedly those who are running it say the angles still look good on the suspension but it's up to you.  If I wanted a level (I don't) I would have done the Motofab 1.5 instead of waiting for the actual kit based on the pictures I have seen of the angles.  This is just my opinion though.

Edited by z1boss

I went with the 1" motofab to be on the safe side and I didnt want my truck completely level.  Instead of a 2" rake I have about 3/4" rake which looks great.  As for mileage, I lost 1mpg with the bigger tires.  I was getting about 17.2, now around 16.2.  The lift is temporary (I hope) until someone comes out with a cost effective official lift.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2019 at 9:57 AM, Trailboss75 said:

I went with the 1" motofab to be on the safe side and I didnt want my truck completely level.  Instead of a 2" rake I have about 3/4" rake which looks great.  As for mileage, I lost 1mpg with the bigger tires.  I was getting about 17.2, now around 16.2.  The lift is temporary (I hope) until someone comes out with a cost effective official lift.

What kind of "lift" are you looking for, Bigger question is what would be your overall goal/use of the truck?

On 5/2/2019 at 1:21 PM, Justin@bajakits said:

What kind of "lift" are you looking for, Bigger question is what would be your overall goal/use of the truck?

Right now I am was just looking for an official level kit, which is why I only use the 1".  No manufacturer has produced a level kit for the TrailBoss and most dont reccomend using the spacer that we all have  been using.  But Motofab said if you were to use it, to just use the 1" to be safe.  For me, its all about looks, I am not off roading or anything, I just like the look of a lifted truck.  Long term would be a 6" lift with 35's.  But I couldnt afford to do all of that at once (tires, wheels,lift)  so I have the wheels now, and in a few years, all I will need is new tires and lift.  But I will wait until these tires kick the bucket, which hopefully is a long time, lol.

Trailboss 2.jpg

• Like 3