Morimoto HID 55w, DRL issues

Only the passenger side HID works as a DRL. Morimoto replaced both relays for me but I am still having the same issue. When I swap the plug, it jumps to the drivers side.

Both work at night, and I have the capacitor that comes with the kit installed as well.

Electrical issues are tough, any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Where did you buy from ? I recently installed the 35W Morimoto Elite on my 14 Sierra and the DRL's would not work in the day and the relays was humming. I read online about reversing the polarity on the capacitor link and that solved my issue. Hope you get it figured out.

Yotaman

I bought them directly from Morimoto's website.  The relays are humming on my setup too, so we may have the same issue.

For reversing the polarity, you just swapped the wires on the plug that goes from the capacitor to the relay?

On the plug that plugs into the factory headlight wiring plug. You have to use a small pick or jeweler's screwdriver to release and swap wires or to test it first just flip the plug. It will not lock on the plastic clip but if the problem is fixed then you can do the wire swap.

Yotaman

Just now, Joppy818 said:

hey. chiming in here. I have the same set up (morimoto 55W) When you say switch the polarity on the plug. You are refering to the ignitor? Correct? Basically what plugs into the bulb? I dont want to fry anything. I also have a switchback for the turn signals. I have this issue since day one. 

I am saying on the plug on the capacitor link plug that plugs into the original factory wire where the oem bulb plugged into. Just invert or flip the factory wires that go to the morimoto capacitor link plug....... confused yet ?

Polarity is simply referring to positive and negative wires. You may have the positive wire in the negative. Just unplug and turn the plug 180 degrees. If it works you just had the polarity flipped.
On a side note... Screw the Morimoto Elite setup guys. Just use the 35 watt 2A88 Hylux ballasts. No capacitor or relay needed. They do offer a 50watt setup but it requires a harness. In my opinion the 50 watt setup in the OEM projectors is a waste. It is going to burn up the bowls and still wont solve the problem of poor lighting. D2S 5.0 retrofit or just do a 35 watt HID upgrade. One or the other but dont waste money on the 50 watt setups in those OEM halogen projectors. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...