Bargain Beast - New V8 Camaro Costs Just $34,995

4th year of a Camaro with an electric parking brake.

I used to love Camaro’s. Owned a few. Got to wrench on and paint the US Military’s Camaro race cars they used to use to chase to chase U-2 spyplanes down the runway. They were tweaked, some modifications came to hit the Government in the rear. Like the aluminum tranny pans with drain bolts that were lower than the pan by a certain manufacturer. 

Pilots would overload the Camaro’s with people and haul arse thru the hangars at Beale AFB and rip the tranny drain bolts out on the hangar sliding door rails in the concrete....leaving an ungodly mess until the Camaro finally ran outta tranny fluid and stopped moving.

I don’t think a Camaro should have electric brakes. As mechanics we knew GM was going to crap when voltage wires started becoming BUS communication wires.

The US military stopped buying GM vehicles and now only leases them. At first I was against it.

What GM calls vehicles today...I think the Pentagon was light years ahead by not becoming owners of GM vehicles.

If your Government won’t own one...should you?

On ‎2019‎-‎05‎-‎18 at 12:30 PM, Mandalorian said:

With the C8 roll out just around the corner, dealers are putting regular (non ZR1/Z06) C7 Corvettes out for $50-55k US with 0% for 72mo. That's a screaming deal.

That could be good news for me. I am looking for a LS7 C6Z, passed up on a black one last weekend because it needed a fuel pump and tank (not fun to change on those cars). I would consider abandoning the C6Z idea for a C7Z if I can get in one that affordably. Considering they want $38k USD for a C6Z at 8%. But the LS7 holds the keys to me heart, even if the early ones had flaws.