Which level kit for RST?

56 minutes ago, xsquid said:

Yes don't install them the bolts come to close to the axle boots. Hit at full droop and turning. I removed them two weeks after and use Rough Country 2 inch 

leveling strut. Ride is way better the stock. You will  love  them. Have Beilstein in the rear. Will eventually put them in front. They weren't out yet when I did it. Settled at about 1 5/8 of lift. Perfect. Don't install them . Don't take the chance.  P.S Moto Fab  Fine for 2 wheel drive 

Are these the Rough Country's you're referring to?

RC Struts Lift Capture.JPG

Yes don’t install them. The bolts come to close to the axle boots touching at full droop and turning .  I removed them like two weeks after I installed them. Went with Rough County fully assembled 2 inch struts. I posted somewhere about it. Like 320 for the pair. Ride is better then stock. They have settled to about 1 5/8 of lift. Perfect with or without the 1 inch rear block. Don’t use the lower space. 

Yes those  are the ones. You will love the ride quality Better then stock plus the lift. Get alignment done after. This was the day I installed. Did further test. It did hit when I jacked up the truck let tire hang. 

287C4F69-0BAE-452E-B2FD-649335C815AD.jpeg

3 hours ago, c1823a said:

Ah, Ok.  Thanks for the update. Was planning to install this weekend but, glad I got in touch with you first.

I can vouch for not using the 1.5" bottom spacer.  Installed it pushed my shock into the cv boot.  I went with a 1.5" top mount spacer.  My truck now sits at about 39 1/4" from ground to top of wheel well opening on all four corners.  

On 1/19/2021 at 2:17 PM, SILVER SLED said:

I can vouch for not using the 1.5" bottom spacer.  Installed it pushed my shock into the cv boot.  I went with a 1.5" top mount spacer.  My truck now sits at about 39 1/4" from ground to top of wheel well opening on all four corners.  

Which 1.5" top spacer did you use?

24 minutes ago, c1823a said:

Which 1.5" top spacer did you use?

The front spacer is a ProComp I got through American trucks.   I tried to copy the page but couldn't.  Here is the part/item# info.

S111877 - Pro Comp Suspension 1.50-Inch Leveling Lift Kit (19-21 Silverado 1500)
Item #: S111877

just wanted to get some info out there. i just installed a motofab 1.5" leveling kit. bottom mount. it definitely is really close to level but I would say there is a small rake. I previously had a top mount 2" kit on 2008 sierra. that kit was border line level/nose up, hence why i wanted the 1.5". install went smoothly, had a second set of hands and didn't need to loosen the top strut mount nuts. make sure if you order for a 2021 that the correct bolts come with the order. they should be 3/8x 3 1/2" long. the standard 3" barely catch any threads on the nut. my vehicle is a 2021 satin steel gmc elevation 2wd.

55 minutes ago, bluemonstercali said:

just wanted to get some info out there. i just installed a motofab 1.5" leveling kit. bottom mount. it definitely is really close to level but I would say there is a small rake. I previously had a top mount 2" kit on 2008 sierra. that kit was border line level/nose up, hence why i wanted the 1.5". install went smoothly, had a second set of hands and didn't need to loosen the top strut mount nuts. make sure if you order for a 2021 that the correct bolts come with the order. they should be 3/8x 3 1/2" long. the standard 3" barely catch any threads on the nut. my vehicle is a 2021 satin steel gmc elevation 2wd.

There's been a lot of communication (and photos) on here about the CV boots contacting the bolts/mount on the bottom mount leveling kits when at full drop. How does yours look?  Are the boots really close to the bolt heads when the wheel is at full drop?  Just curious.

1 hour ago, bluemonstercali said:

that seems to only be an issue on the 4wd model trucks

Ah, sorry.....I didn't see that yours is 2WD until I read it again.....  Yeah, you shouldn't have any problems.

• 2 months later...
On 1/21/2021 at 3:27 PM, SILVER SLED said:

The front spacer is a ProComp I got through American trucks.   I tried to copy the page but couldn't.  Here is the part/item# info.

S111877 - Pro Comp Suspension 1.50-Inch Leveling Lift Kit (19-21 Silverado 1500)
Item #: S111877

Another question, after you installed the Upper Strut spacer, how close did it put the Lower Strut mounting bolts to the CV boot?  Since the lower strut bolts are installed from the bottom and the end sticks up towards the CV axle/boot.

10 hours ago, c1823a said:

Another question, after you installed the Upper Strut spacer, how close did it put the Lower Strut mounting bolts to the CV boot?  Since the lower strut bolts are installed from the bottom and the end sticks up towards the CV axle/boot.

Installing the upper strut spacer didn’t change anything with the bottom mounting of the strut.  

• Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 9:48 PM, SILVER SLED said:

Installing the upper strut spacer didn’t change anything with the bottom mounting of the strut.  

So the increased angle on the lower control arm, caused by the upper strut spacer, didn't put the ends of the lower strut bolts closer to the CV boot?  Or, not close enough to matter maybe?  Just trying to get as much information as possible on this before I buy and install. Was curious if you or anyone else may have turned the lower strut mount bolts over so the threaded end isn't pointing at the axle/CV boot. Granted, it may require new/different bolts if that's the case.

26 minutes ago, c1823a said:

So the increased angle on the lower control arm, caused by the upper strut spacer, didn't put the ends of the lower strut bolts closer to the CV boot?  Or, not close enough to matter maybe?  Just trying to get as much information as possible on this before I buy and install. Was curious if you or anyone else may have turned the lower strut mount bolts over so the threaded end isn't pointing at the axle/CV boot. Granted, it may require new/different bolts if that's the case.

No it did not.  Neither did the lower strut mounted lifts.  The problem isn't with the bolts.   The problem is that the shock is mounted so close to the cv boot, that when the bottom mount spacer is installed below the shock, it pushes the  bottom of the shock against the cv boot-on mine anyway.   My lower front shock bolts are installed like they were from the factory.  

• Thanks 1

Anyone know what the specs are on this RST? Im guessing RC 3.5” or 4” and either 295/60-20 or 35x12.50-20 trail grappler. Thoughts or ideas? 

2C19B4A1-52F5-41A8-9A76-4B07511308C0.jpeg

F5B89F59-D3B4-4CC6-84D6-7D84E3851AD2.jpeg

Edited by BigKev