Which level kit for RST?

On 5/9/2019 at 3:02 PM, Jmike said:

Finally got it back. turned out pretty good in my opinion. 35x11.50r20 ridge grapplers have just enough space between ball joint and tire. No rubbing no trimming. They do run a little small so same size trail grapplers might require a little trimming.

IMG-0751.JPG

Hope to see more photos of this soon. recently bought a 2019 crew cab z71 rst and im trying to decide which level to use, but your truck turned out great Jmike

idk, I have 4x4 RST but do not like idea of cheap level kit or spacer lift...I know economically its easy and cheaper to do but I will wait and do suspension type kit....just seems wrong to do it that way for sole purpose of raising nose to put bigger tire on....my main reason is to do it is better suspension vs lift....I want both but suspension quality/ride is no.1....costs a lot more but will wait til I can afford it vs quick fix

any kit will look same tho, cant imagine 1 companies 2 inch or level kit looking different than another....

Edited by Dunn

• 2 months later...

2019 RST Z71 

2 inch Southern Truck Level kit

lower strut mounted

paid $395 out the door with alignment at local shop which did my last truck.

My Closest dealership was using exact same level kit but charging $695 plus tax.

Called another dealership they were using DayStar 2 inch level kit and wanted $500 plus tax. So they all use different level kits and there is no GM level kit. (They do have the 2 inch GM lift kit). Measured this kit on level ground and is actually perfectly level. Ride Quality the same and no noises. Just got it put on today So not sure as far as Gas Mileage yet. Plan on putting either 305 55 20 or 295 60 20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. At some angles it does look slightly Nose High but it actually is not per measurements. Once I put new tires on I’ll see how it looks and if it bothers me I’ll put a 1 inch block in the back since no block is on this truck from factory. (Only on trailboss/AT4) 

E2953730-5758-4E01-96B2-E399FF41BDDC.png

• Like 3

so a lady took out my mirror and was service dept getting pricing on the fix

I had to wait so I was cruising around the trucks and they had a new 2020 LT with pro comp 6" lift already installed with 35" tires and some black rims ive seen before around here, pretty much the standard you see everywhere....it had spacer for front OEM struts with new spindles.....if you wanna buy a new truck already to go with a lift they will oblige you

total they were charging for lift, wheels.....$9999.00......WOW!

and they are not giving credit for stock wheels...seeing how you can get $1500 for new stock set of OEM wheels, this kit would be under 4k doing it yourself....hard for them to say it voids a warranty when they have one sitting on lot 4 sale

but really, probably think I am just pissed cuz a lady took out my mirror on my new truck, and it was parked...(me and my workers chased her down on foot she was gonna take off, if not for red light she would have been gone)

1 hour ago, Jay Teez said:

2019 RST Z71 

2 inch Southern Truck Level kit

lower strut mounted

paid $395 out the door with alignment at local shop which did my last truck.

My Closest dealership was using exact same level kit but charging $695 plus tax.

Called another dealership they were using DayStar 2 inch level kit and wanted $500 plus tax. So they all use different level kits and there is no GM level kit. (They do have the 2 inch GM lift kit). Measured this kit on level ground and is actually perfectly level. Ride Quality the same and no noises. Just got it put on today So not sure as far as Gas Mileage yet. Plan on putting either 305 55 20 or 295 60 20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. At some angles it does look slightly Nose High but it actually is not per measurements. Once I put new tires on I’ll see how it looks and if it bothers me I’ll put a 1 inch block in the back since no block is on this truck from factory. (Only on trailboss/AT4) 

E2953730-5758-4E01-96B2-E399FF41BDDC.png

1 1/2 to make it level, I actually don't mind some rake....1/2 to 3/4 in of rake would be perfect.....just has more factory look and there are so many leveled trucks where I live....hard to find em stock it seems somethimes, lol

and yes if you drove to service dept with pro comp lift they would say it voids warranty even though they have brand new truck with that same lift parked out front for sale, lol.....and this is 3rd  lift co ive seen at chevy dealer....I just never looked at MSRP sticker til today

Edited by Dunn

I went with the Motofab 1.5 inch. 2 inch would have been to much. As far as which brand spacer to use. There all just a piece of billet alum machined and powdered coated. Then there is the bolt quality. I'm a Machinist by trade for over 35 years. I could have made my own if I had the dimensions.  I would of had to order it measure it and return it. Or take my shock off to get dimensions .But that is down time.  Could make one out of titanium if we had the stock.   But as I get older time is more important then 36 dollars.  . I think the ready lift is over selling the 5 degree taper. The mounting tab on the  bottom of the strut is mounted with a rubber bushing which would seem to rotate inside the rubber to a flush mount anyway . The Motofab was alot cheaper . Bolts seam good quality. Rough country seems like a reasonable price also.Only went with the Motofab because I wanted 1.5 inch. As I measued my fenders first.  I still plan on installing my 2009 Silverado rear factory blocks which measure 1.2 inches.For some small rake.  There is no block under my rear springs now. I know because I looked first. Titanium part from solid included, 

IMG_4606.jpg

IMG_3014.JPG

Edited by xsquid

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2019 at 8:22 AM, Tyler Greymountain said:

I used the Readylift level and I'm running 275/65/20 with no problem. I'm definitely looking into adding a block for the rear just so I can have that rake look. 

Is it fairly common for people to run 275/65/20 with no problems on a 2” level? 

That would be ideal for me. Although I almost want like 1.5” because I do like a slight rake. 

• 3 months later...

I have a 2020 RST, measured the stock front/back difference to be exactly 2", so I bought a ReadyLift 2" kit.  What I ended up with was a 1.5" front lift and noticeable rake.   Kind of annoying since the ReayLift kit was double the price of everything else. Now I am debating going to Motofab and getting a 0.5" top spacer which is supposed to just slip on using same OE hardware.  My other option is to scrap the ReadyLift and buy a 2" or 2.5" kit.  I'm worried none of the kits are really exact.  Oh ya I didn't need an alignment, car is perfect as it was when it was stock, so if shops are charging for alignments with ReadyLift kits I believe they are just taking people's money.  This is a very simple install that took a couple of hours in the driveway, but who wants to go back and re-do it all and pay for another kit?  Im not happy with ReadyLift.

Edited by Ben B
Updated "dealer" to "shop"

• 7 months later...
On 2/6/2020 at 5:47 PM, xsquid said:

I went with the Motofab 1.5 inch. 2 inch would have been to much. As far as which brand spacer to use. There all just a piece of billet alum machined and powdered coated. Then there is the bolt quality. I'm a Machinist by trade for over 35 years. I could have made my own if I had the dimensions.  I would of had to order it measure it and return it. Or take my shock off to get dimensions .But that is down time.  Could make one out of titanium if we had the stock.   But as I get older time is more important then 36 dollars.  . I think the ready lift is over selling the 5 degree taper. The mounting tab on the  bottom of the strut is mounted with a rubber bushing which would seem to rotate inside the rubber to a flush mount anyway . The Motofab was alot cheaper . Bolts seam good quality. Rough country seems like a reasonable price also.Only went with the Motofab because I wanted 1.5 inch. As I measued my fenders first.  I still plan on installing my 2009 Silverado rear factory blocks which measure 1.2 inches.For some small rake.  There is no block under my rear springs now. I know because I looked first. Titanium part from solid included, 

IMG_4606.jpg

Xsquid, any install advice for the MotoFab 1.5" Lower spacer on a 2020 RST 4WD?  I installed 1.5" lower spacers on a 2010, 2 wheel drive many years ago and did not do all the steps MotoFab shows for the same type kit but for my 2020 RST.

Yes don't install them the bolts come to close to the axle boots. Hit at full droop and turning. I removed them two weeks after and use Rough Country 2 inch 

leveling strut. Ride is way better the stock. You will  love  them. Have Beilstein in the rear. Will eventually put them in front. They weren't out yet when I did it. Settled at about 1 5/8 of lift. Perfect. Don't install them . Don't take the chance.  P.S Moto Fab  Fine for 2 wheel drive 

Edited by xsquid

42 minutes ago, xsquid said:

Yes don't install them the bolts come to close to the axle boots. Hit at full droop and turning. I removed them two weeks after and use Rough Country 2 inch 

leveling strut. Ride is way better the stock. You will  love  them. Have Beilstein in the rear. Will eventually put them in front. They weren't out yet when I did it. Settled at about 1 5/8 of lift. Perfect. Don't install them . Don't take the chance.  P.S Moto Fab  Fine for 2 wheel drive 

Ah, Ok.  Thanks for the update. Was planning to install this weekend but, glad I got in touch with you first.