Which level kit for RST?

5 minutes ago, Maize & Blue said:

Another thing to think about if their 1” rear lift block is really lifting the rear by 2” is your shock travel.  You’re going to bottom out your shock and will likely have a rough ride if you don’t replace the shock with a longer travel shock.

So far have not noticed any issues with ride or shock travel, but haven't done anything more extreme than a few speed bumps so far.  I'm thinking of keeping it how it is, looks more aggressive like that, and the front is up which is the issue that matters most to me.

If it's an issue probably whatever shock size they are using on the Trailboss would be right.

Edited by scdaren

9 minutes ago, Jmike said:

Well I'm going on day 2 without my truck back. The 35x12.50s were too wide and kept hitting the control arm. Tire shop is ordering the 35x11.50s and they will be in tomorrow.

That sucks hopefully the thinner tire will fit. I just ordered 295/70s so a little under 35s and thinner too. 

32 minutes ago, Jmike said:

Well I'm going on day 2 without my truck back. The 35x12.50s were too wide and kept hitting the control arm. Tire shop is ordering the 35x11.50s and they will be in tomorrow.

Is that with the stock wheels?

Finally got it back. turned out pretty good in my opinion. 35x11.50r20 ridge grapplers have just enough space between ball joint and tire. No rubbing no trimming. They do run a little small so same size trail grapplers might require a little trimming.

IMG-0751.JPG

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Jmike said:

Finally got it back. turned out pretty good in my opinion. 35x11.50r20 ridge grapplers have just enough space between ball joint and tire. No rubbing no trimming. They do run a little small so same size trail grapplers might require a little trimming.

IMG-0751.JPG

Looks awesome!  Thanks for posting this I have the same wheels and want to do something similar.  You said you have a 3" lift? Was it just the ball joint you are having issues with?  I have a 2" lift and I'm thinking those tires could fit with that lift as well.

• Like 1

Apparently they are different for the 19 (ford convert so not sure about previous models) and have a very small gap between the tire and ball joint. If you were going with aftermarket, I'm sure an offset would cure that but I wanted to stay stock for my wheels. I'd say nothing wider than right at 11.5" would work. The guy at the shop said they would have probably cleared with a 2" level but I wanted a little higher ride so went with 3" rough country.

2 minutes ago, Jmike said:

Apparently they are different for the 19 (ford convert so not sure about previous models) and have a very small gap between the tire and ball joint. If you were going with aftermarket, I'm sure an offset would cure that but I wanted to stay stock for my wheels. I'd say nothing wider than right at 11.5" would work. The guy at the shop said they would have probably cleared with a 2" level but I wanted a little higher ride so went with 3" rough country.

Sweet... yeah I want to keep the stock wheels I have, just like yours.

Your truck looks pretty level -- is it actually level or do you still have a slight rake?

7 minutes ago, scdaren said:

Sweet... yeah I want to keep the stock wheels I have, just like yours.

Your truck looks pretty level -- is it actually level or do you still have a slight rake?

I believe it has a slight rake but I can barely tell.

On 5/9/2019 at 2:02 PM, Jmike said:

IMG-0751.JPG

Looks awesome man. I guess I'll be the guinea pig for the readylift 4"

• 3 months later...
On 5/9/2019 at 4:02 PM, Jmike said:

IMG-0751.JPG

What do you think of the ridge grapplers? I've always ran trail grapplers.

• 2 months later...