TIRE - WHEEL on Silverado Traillboss

Hello everyone, I would like your help to know I can put this size of tires (Duratrac 285/75/18) on my traillboss .. if so with which mag  (offsett - / + or not?)

My trailboss  has a 2.5 "lift kit and is all black and I want mags all black or almost all black!

thanks !

Edited by JeanPascal Bélanger

5 minutes ago, JeanPascal Bélanger said:

Hello everyone, I would like your help to know I can put this size of tires (Duratrac 285/75/18) on my traillboss .. if so with which mag  (offsett - / + or not?)

My trailboss  has a 2.5 "lift kit and is all black and I want mags all black or almost all black!

thanks !

You should be able to run that on the stock wheels.  If you use after market wheels you will need a rim with a positive offset.  You could level the truck if you want to run it with 0 or negative offset.

1 hour ago, z1boss said:

You should be able to run that on the stock wheels.  If you use after market wheels you will need a rim with a positive offset.  You could level the truck if you want to run it with 0 or negative offset.

i'm looking for his mags https://www.americanracing.com/product/wheels/ax200-yukon/?attribute_pa_finish=cast-iron-black  18X8.5 / offset +15mm / . could +15 with 285/75/18 do with my lift kit of 2.5? or I really have to find "offset 0" mags

Edited by JeanPascal Bélanger

22 minutes ago, JeanPascal Bélanger said:

i'm looking for his mags https://www.americanracing.com/product/wheels/ax200-yukon/?attribute_pa_finish=cast-iron-black  18X8.5 / offset +15mm / . could +15 with 285/75/18 do with my lift kit of 2.5? or I really have to find "offset 0" mags

Not sure what a "mag" is but +15 is close to stock offset.  Also do you have the stock Trailboss lift? Or do you have an aftermarket lift?  Stock lift is only 2 inches

Just now, z1boss said:

Not sure what a "mag" is but +15 is close to stock offset.  Also do you have the stock Trailboss lift? Or do you have an aftermarket lift?  Stock lift is only 2 inches

aftermarket lift.. i think is 2.5 but i'm not sure.. 

if is only 2", am better to take my wheel + 15MM or 0MM offset?

1 minute ago, JeanPascal Bélanger said:

aftermarket lift.. i think is 2.5 but i'm not sure.. 

if is only 2", am better to take my wheel + 15MM or 0MM offset?

You want to stick with a higher offset regardless or you will rub.  What aftermarket lift do you have?  The only kit available for a Trailboss right now is a 4 inch lift which puts total height at 6 inches.  Can you post a link?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 9:47 AM, Xusia said:

Don't Trail Bosses come with Duratrac tires on all black 18" wheels?

You can get the Trailboss with 18's or 20's. The 20's are an $800 option and come with 275 60 20 Bridgestone Dueler AT.  I got the 20's on mine and love them!

Screenshot_2019-05-17-20-06-40.png

• Like 1

Still haven't seen a TB in the wild with the 20's. Plenty of AT4s running around with 20's (actually, 90% of the ones I've seen have 20s). 

I think the TB / AT4 looks better with the bigger wheels, personally. I realize the tires are not as aggressive, though. 

• 1 year later...

Just curious if anyone has tried fitting 285/75 18s on stock wheels in stock height for the TB. I really don’t want more lift, just the larger wire for a bit more clearance.  It’s almost 3 inches total diameter difference between stock, so that should give me an addition inch and a pinch in added clearance.