Radio is giving me PTSD

Anyone experiencing the following issue?

2019 AT4

I have set the radio to a maximum start up volume of 0 so that it is not on when I first start up my truck.  About once a week when I start the truck, the radio thinks it's funny and pops on at half volume or more.  I normally drop whatever I'm holding, spin the volume dial as fast as I can, restart my heart and go back inside my house to change my shorts.

Anyone's radio being a jerk like mine?  I've already had the truck in so many times for various issues, I'm just waiting for a few more issues to happen and do it all at once and waist less time.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've been in the shops a few times and they don't have any updates and have not heard of this issue.  Of course, trying to duplicate the problem is impossible when you're sitting at the dealership.  I believe I have all the recent updates and still get blasted at least 3 times a week.

Hope you have better luck and post back here if you get it resolved!  Thanks!

• 1 month later...

My dealership had me unpair/delete my phone from the truck, I then deleted the truck from my phone under Bluetooth settings.  After everything was paired again I haven't had the issue come back.  Hope this works for others as well.  I was using a Galaxy S9.

On 8/13/2019 at 8:32 PM, Derek Keith Carbonneau said:

Mine just randomly decides to get loud while I’m driving for about 2 seconds and then goes back to normal. Has happened 3 times or so. 

Mine has done the exact thing and scares the shit out of me. 

Anyone know a fix?