3.0 Duramax Diesel on hold, orders canceled

Yeah announced a few days ago very sad. But by April I didn’t think they get the engine in a 19 model. Emission and all that. I’m pretty sure the engine will be a big hit so they want to get it right the 1st time. Waiting a few more months isn’t gonna kill anybody it’s been like 1 1/2 years lol. 

Edited by Inline6DirtyMaxRST

2 hours ago, Imcrazy said:

I have zero interest in a diesel in anything that is not a HD truck.. For the $$ I'd get a 6.2L hands down...

Everybody scoffed when the 6.6 Duramax's hit in 2001 or so?  The up charge 2500.00 is same for 6.2L I can almost guarantee you with that engine GM will sell more than enough tickets to fill....50-80K per anum! 

Edited by mookdoc6

10 hours ago, Imcrazy said:

I have zero interest in a diesel in anything that is not a HD truck.. For the $$ I'd get a 6.2L hands down...

I am on my second 6.2 and I love them.  That said, I would have bought a 1/2 ton diesel in a heartbeat over my 6.2, but I wasn't willing to buy the Ram.  I am committed to my 2017 for the long haul now, no regrets, but given the option back then, diesel hands down.

That said, we also are on our second ML 350 Bluetec.  We love the DD fuel econ of a diesel, it's very capable, and passes with ease without downshifting.  We just got home from a 3 hour trip, 28mpg while passing anyone who was going slower than us.  Not bad for a heavy, AWD SUV, and it has gone 30's on longer trips (hand calculated).

12 hours ago, NW-99SS said:

I am on my second 6.2 and I love them.  That said, I would have bought a 1/2 ton diesel in a heartbeat over my 6.2, but I wasn't willing to buy the Ram.  I am committed to my 2017 for the long haul now, no regrets, but given the option back then, diesel hands down.

That said, we also are on our second ML 350 Bluetec.  We love the DD fuel econ of a diesel, it's very capable, and passes with ease without downshifting.  We just got home from a 3 hour trip, 28mpg while passing anyone who was going slower than us.  Not bad for a heavy, AWD SUV, and it has gone 30's on longer trips (hand calculated).

I owned a 2017 Colorado for two sad months and I seriously shopped the Diesel option since I drive about 25-30k miles a year and the increased fuel economy got my attention...

I was interested in the diesel but, here is why I lost interest:

1) Operating cost, I didn't dig very deep but, by the time I calculated the increased cost of diesel fuel if I remember correctly there was no decreased operating cost between gas & diesel by the time I factored in the up charge for the diesel mill spread over 5 years of ownership.

2) Decreased towing capacity, I think the 3.6 gasser was 7500k towing and the coal burner was 6800# IF I recall correctly...

What do you see as the upside to the diesel power plants for the average consumer, I understand what the upside is on commercial trucks that run 500k-1mil miles...

12 hours ago, Imcrazy said:

I owned a 2017 Colorado for two sad months and I seriously shopped the Diesel option since I drive about 25-30k miles a year and the increased fuel economy got my attention...

I was interested in the diesel but, here is why I lost interest:

1) Operating cost, I didn't dig very deep but, by the time I calculated the increased cost of diesel fuel if I remember correctly there was no decreased operating cost between gas & diesel by the time I factored in the up charge for the diesel mill spread over 5 years of ownership.

2) Decreased towing capacity, I think the 3.6 gasser was 7500k towing and the coal burner was 6800# IF I recall correctly...

What do you see as the upside to the diesel power plants for the average consumer, I understand what the upside is on commercial trucks that run 500k-1mil miles...

I guess if the 1/2 ton diesel wasn't able to tow what my 6.2 can, than I would stay with the 6.2 (or at least within 1000lbs).

That said, diesels get far superior fuel economy in everyday situations, and because I am getting older (nearly 40), I don't want a big, loud truck.  Diesel offers quiet travelling, no need to rev the motor high for power, they happily spool their turbo(s) and hold high gears while passing, etc.  I have been around diesels my whole life, and I don't like to switch trucks very often, so yes, I would keep a diesel 1/2 ton for at least 10 years and longer if it proves reliable...same for my current 2017 6.2 - I am fully invested in it, so I won't be trading it in for a loss of all the personal touches I've made to it.