Tuner

Yes dyno or street on a HPT device.  I am see the newest version sold on Facebook market for $300 is and they you can request a email tune as well. Or download for free. Laptop to read,write, and data. But it is also the best code reader available also. So stock to over 1000hp it can do it all. 

On stock really all you want is to disable a few boxes then get to the trans and fix the issues. 

There are post of guys that swear by it. Like driving double the truck. 

I have and use one on my truck.

• Like 1

I had mine tuned with HPT on a dyno within a year of having my truck. Huge difference. No more cylinder deactivation, much better throttle response, and torque converter adjusted. The launch in my truck being stock besides CAI and tune is crazy compared to my father in laws all stock truck and my shift points are so much better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Using HP Tuners yourself, if you've never used something like that before will be an adventure.

You'll be in it for a decent chunk of charge just to do the engine tuning. $300 US dollars plus the 4 credits it costs to unlock the computer/VIN, credits are $50 US each.

If you wanted to adjust the transmission you'd have to mail your TCM to HP Tuners, pay them to mod it, then pay for more credits to unlock the TCM. The TCM is not a must do thing.

Learning the in's and out's will take time if you choose to do it yourself.

Or take it to a shop and pay them for the service.

Edited by CamGTP
  • Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 12:16 PM, dkw86 said:

Which tuner is best for 2018 Sierra 5.3L and why? Share your experiences please. so i can decide which one i buy

Of course I would recommend us, we would tune your vehicle via our AutoCal (EFILive). You keep the hardware, it will allow us to see your vehicle data, and provide the custom tune files via email. You can also use it to go back to factory settings when you need to, and receive tune updates via email,  we update the tune as for free as long as you own the vehicle. 

Not sure if you mentioned, do you have a 6 speed, or 8 speed?

8 hours ago, BlackBearPerf said:

Of course I would recommend us, we would tune your vehicle via our AutoCal (EFILive). You keep the hardware, it will allow us to see your vehicle data, and provide the custom tune files via email. You can also use it to go back to factory settings when you need to, and receive tune updates via email,  we update the tune as for free as long as you own the vehicle. 

Not sure if you mentioned, do you have a 6 speed, or 8 speed?

And since you can't tune the newer 8-speeds with EFI Live, perhaps it is time to get with the program and go HP Tuners?

• 1 month later...