4 hours ago, Eddie 70 said:

Be sure to post pics and your results when you finish. I am interested in this. I did bicycle inner tubes a few weeks ago. That makes the truck seem smoother going down the road.

bicycle tubes? how were? that ones new to me.

On 9/3/2019 at 12:57 AM, no12nv said:

bicycle tubes? how were? that ones new to me.

I had read about it here. I went to walmart and bought the biggest diameter and fattest tube size on the shelf. I cut the fill valve out. Then I cut the tube in half. I then cut those two halves in half again so I wound up with 4 pieces approximately the same length. I jacked the rear of my truck up by the frame in front of the wheel. Took the wheel off. for the half of the spring in front of the axle, I took one piece of tube and slid it in the gap between the bottom spring and slid it as far back as possible. There was enough tube left near the spring pads that I could fold it over and hold it in place with tywraps over the pad. I did this same procedure on the rear half of the axle. I did this on both sides of the truck. It seems to have quieted the ride for now. Seems like the tube was less than $10 so not much to lose and only took about 20 minutes to install. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow.

On 9/6/2019 at 10:45 AM, Eddie 70 said:

Inner tube.jpg

decent. so basically the tube is gonna buffer or eliminate any of the overload spring sqeek/clunk that happens. hows it holding up?

Edited by no12nv

16 hours ago, no12nv said:

decent. so basically the tube is gonna buffer or eliminate any of the overload spring sqeek/clunk that happens. hows it holding up?

I haven't checked on it again in the last few weeks. I will give it a look later and reply back. I bought new fender liners today and will install them on Friday morning and check the inner tubes.

Watch "Silverado leaf spring clunk temporary fix" on YouTube

I also used rubber jar lid grip, cut into 2x2 square and placed in to where i Greased the leaf pads. I haven't had any problems in three weeks.