Looking to install mud flaps

On 6/7/2019 at 11:59 PM, BDJ said:

i'll give this a shot.  Really a nice fit.  They include some protective clear 3m type tape that you install first to protect your paint. They use the lower existing fasteners and then this slick cam type fastener that holds the top,  you don't need to be drilling any holes in your fender with these.  Great product.

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

I have a trail boss coming and it looks like there is a flap or guard behind the front tires and in front of the rear tires, so I would think I only need a rear set. did your truck have them also? are they junk and should I just order the front set of weather techs? 

6 hours ago, jtl1985 said:

I have a trail boss coming and it looks like there is a flap or guard behind the front tires and in front of the rear tires, so I would think I only need a rear set. did your truck have them also? are they junk and should I just order the front set of weather techs? 

I would order a front set also.  They come with a small deflector which you remove for the installation

of the mudflap.  You could go with the factory one but a regular mudflap is a few inches longer and will give you better protection.  You will be really happy with the look, fit and installation of the WeatherTechs.

• 5 months later...
On 6/6/2019 at 6:57 PM, BDJ said:

Installed the weathertech flaps both front and rear.  Perfect fit and no drill on front or back.

I am wondering if WeatherTech's mounting system will dig into the paint on the fender lip? By the looks of it (see photo) it may. IMHO this is a perfect place for rust to take hold, especially in areas where road salt is used. 

WT.jpg

See if your credit will go towards some Gatorbacks through GM. Here are my OEM ones on my K2. They make some with the Chevy logo too. I pulled out the metal screws GM uses and replaced with stainless bolts. 

IMG_0049.jpg

Edited by L86 All Terrain
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AlDAngle said:

I am wondering if WeatherTech's mounting system will dig into the paint on the fender lip? By the looks of it (see photo) it may. IMHO this is a perfect place for rust to take hold, especially in areas where road salt is used. 

WT.jpg

I really don't think it would be a problem.  I pushed in hard when I turned the screw so it did not scrape its way tight.  The tab is not tight, it rotates 90 degress and then tightens down. Really a nice system and quality flaps.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...