2018 Leveling Kit with Stock Wheels

I have done a ton of research but have been unable to come to a solid conclusion. I have a 2018 Sierra SLT crew cab standard bed with 20” 6 spoke wheels. I am looking for a leveling kit setup that would achieve the following:

1. Ride equal to or better then stock
  2. 275/60/20 tires with no rubbing on stock wheels . If this is not possible I would stay with the 275/55/20 size.

The the main thing is I don’t want to negatively affect the ride. I have heard that coilovers are a good option but some people have mixed feelings. I would be also willing to get new UCA’s if it means that I would clear the larger size tire. 

Any input is appreciated.

46 minutes ago, Zachary Hartman said:

I have done a ton of research but have been unable to come to a solid conclusion. I have a 2018 Sierra SLT crew cab standard bed with 20” 6 spoke wheels. I am looking for a leveling kit setup that would achieve the following:

1. Ride equal to or better then stock
  2. 275/60/20 tires with no rubbing on stock wheels . If this is not possible I would stay with the 275/55/20 size.

The the main thing is I don’t want to negatively affect the ride. I have heard that coilovers are a good option but some people have mixed feelings. I would be also willing to get new UCA’s if it means that I would clear the larger size tire. 

Any input is appreciated.

I just added a 1.5 inch spacer in the front. It  leveled mine within a 1/2 inch. No effect in ride. Pretty easy to do. I have the same size wheel you have but am still running the stock 275/55/20s. 

Edited by Racindave

I put bilstein 5100 on my truck. I did 3rd notch from bottom and got 1.75" lift in the front. 4th notch will get you 2" or a bit over. Truck rides firmer than stock but not rough. It is not floaty boaty feel like the stock ranchos. If you like that ride then bilstein may be too firm. 

I left the rear alone and still have 1.5" - 2" of rake which I like when i hook up trailer or haul stuff truck isn't @ss low.

There is a Bilstein shock level thread in the mods section. Lots of info. You need a spring compressor or find a shop that will do the fronts. Rears are super simple to swap shocks or add a larger block.

2in level on my 18 silv crewcab and currently running 285/55r20.  But going back to a highway tire as my truck is 2wd and 275/60R20 fits all day and doesn’t rub at all, even at full lock. 

I'm in the process of looking for a leveling kit at the moment, but had to get new tires due to a sidewall puncture in my stock tires. I have the same stock rims as you and went with Falken Wildpeaks in 275/60/20. I've had no rubbing issues at all on stock height. And I haven't notices a difference in ride quality. 

10 hours ago, UrsineAPL said:

I'm in the process of looking for a leveling kit at the moment, but had to get new tires due to a sidewall puncture in my stock tires. I have the same stock rims as you and went with Falken Wildpeaks in 275/60/20. I've had no rubbing issues at all on stock height. And I haven't notices a difference in ride quality. 

Just just to clarify, because I’m in the same boat as OP. 

You put 275/60-20 on a completely stock truck?

what year truck? 

This would be ideal for me haha. 

I have a 2.5" front spacer and a 1" rear block. Running 20" GMC replica NZM's (stock offset) with 275/60/22 tires.. very slight rub at full lock in reverse, nothing I can't live with. This setup leaves me with between 0.5"-0.75" of rake which is perfect for me. When I hook up my bass boat my truck is completely level, no squatting.

26 minutes ago, rah7777777 said:

Just just to clarify, because I’m in the same boat as OP. 

You put 275/60-20 on a completely stock truck?

what year truck? 

This would be ideal for me haha. 

Yup, it's a 2016 GMC Sierra DBL Cab Standard box 4x4(non-Z71). Whole truck is stock other than the tires at this point. I did a lot of research on this forum and searched everything I could find. And most people said they didn't rub, there were some cases of people saying they'd rub at full lock and such. So I bit the bullet and took a chance and I haven't had any rubbing issues, I pull out of my parking stall at full lock almost everyday and haven't rubbed once and I drive through service roads and construction sites often. During my first 5000KMs I checked my fender liners constantly and never saw any rub marks, or felt anything. At this point if it were to rub it would have to be a weird one off maneuver for me. Like reversing at full lock over a bump. 

Do you know if you have silver (aluminum) upper controls arms? or are they black (stamped steel)?

Mid 2016 is when they switched and apparently the silver ones are better for any type of tire size increase

4 hours ago, UrsineAPL said:

Yup, it's a 2016 GMC Sierra DBL Cab Standard box 4x4(non-Z71). Whole truck is stock other than the tires at this point. I did a lot of research on this forum and searched everything I could find. And most people said they didn't rub, there were some cases of people saying they'd rub at full lock and such. So I bit the bullet and took a chance and I haven't had any rubbing issues, I pull out of my parking stall at full lock almost everyday and haven't rubbed once and I drive through service roads and construction sites often. During my first 5000KMs I checked my fender liners constantly and never saw any rub marks, or felt anything. At this point if it were to rub it would have to be a weird one off maneuver for me. Like reversing at full lock over a bump. 

14 minutes ago, rah7777777 said:

Do you know if you have silver (aluminum) upper controls arms? or are they black (stamped steel)?

Mid 2016 is when they switched and apparently the silver ones are better for any type of tire size increase

Mine are stamped steel. 

Interesting! 

I might just have to try the bigger tires and leave the front alone. 

I do have 4WD, so not sure how that will play into it. 

Currently, I have the rear lowered about 2" to level it out and I'm happy with the way it sits now. but i'd love some 275/60-20 tires that are aggressive looking.