Power Window Issue

I just  bought a 2009 silverado extended cab. My issue is the drivers side module works up and down for the drivers window, but it only will put the passenger and rear windows down not up. This may have been addressed a long time ago but if someone could help me out or point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it!

If you can roll them up and down from the doors, then maybe the switches are bad in the driver door. My moms 14 Acadia is having this issue with her passenger window.

It's a process of elimination. Each door goes thru the drivers control but also has their own. 

Best thing to Do if you plan on keeping the vehicle for awhile is get Mitchell DIY for 5 yrs for $45 and you save the shop diagnostic fee out the gate. 

More than likely one of the switches is bad. A good tool I use for diagnosing window switches is the power probe. It allows you to hook up a ground and negative at the battery and be able to have that power at the tip of the probe and test the electrical switches with the proper ground or positive power. Just make sure you don't supply the power the wrong direction and get a wiring diagram. Bbbindustries.com is a place you can get free wiring diagrams. Just google "bbbindustries wiring diagrams" and follow the search results. 

Check out scannerdanner.com and his videos if you got the time. Great instructor. You can also subscribe to scannerdanner.com premium and watch the same videos from when he teaches his students in the votech classroom plus the other case studies he has posted online. 

Pine Hollow Auto Diagnostics on YouTube is another great one. 

There's to many more to mention... 

I personally use shopkeypro myself but that's $165 per month but I also work on various makes and models of vehicles. 

2 hours ago, Nightsky84 said:

I just  bought a 2009 silverado extended cab. My issue is the drivers side module works up and down for the drivers window, but it only will put the passenger and rear windows down not up. This may have been addressed a long time ago but if someone could help me out or point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it!

Could be something as simple as a relay,  a switch, wire, corrosion, body control module ($$). Developing a good diagnostic approach is imperative to not getting frustrated and running in circles. 

Ok if you have a scan tool please scan and check for any codes beginning with a B which would be Body as the windows fall in this category. 

What TYPE of chevy silverado Do you have? Engine size? There's various diagnostic procedures based on the RPO code which is what the vehicle has for certain options. This helps diagnose the problem easier. 

Check your Private messages. 

My 2010 Sierra did the same thing...the switch on the driver's door would lower the passenger window, but not raise it back up.  I found a video on youtube that showed removing the swith, taking it apart and cleaning the contacts.

• Like 3