Custom trail boss introductions.

Hello all,

Took possession yesterday, my first truck, first brand new vehicle, and first automatic transmission.

i still have a highly modded bmw 335i twin turbo for summer fun.

questions.

1)is there a roof rack option for this truck?

2)are any previous generation rims compatible? I like running an extra set of rims for aggressive, studded winter tires. (Far North Canada here)

thanks all

93695A3B-1042-4112-8209-6566DD8C6F61.jpeg

• Like 1

Fred,

Welcome to the site and club.

Good looking Silverado.

Look here for a few roof cargo management items. This is the Chevy Accessories website.

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/search/2019/Chevrolet/Silverado 1500#/98002/Exterior Cargo Management?sortId=top

• Like 1

Thule makes a set of towers that clamp over the door rails. Very strong   and can be removed when need be.  I use a small section of Xpel to protect the door and roof where the tower clamps on even though it’s probably over kill.   Go with Aero bars to cut down on wind noise. You will need towers, core locks, foot pads, and bars. If  purchased new, they will set you back around $450. Check CL if you don’t mind used.  From there you can add baskets, racks, or cargo box’s. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Fred,

Welcome to the site and club.

Good looking Silverado.

Look here for a few roof cargo management items. This is the Chevy Accessories website.

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/search/2019/Chevrolet/Silverado 1500#/98002/Exterior Cargo Management?sortId=top

Thanks, they won't ship to Canada. And it seems they have roof rack accessories, not an actual rack.

16 minutes ago, Camper Guy said:

Thule makes a set of towers that clamp over the door rails. Very strong   and can be removed when need be.  I use a small section of Xpel to protect the door and roof where the tower clamps on even though it’s probably over kill.   Go with Aero bars to cut down on wind noise. You will need towers, core locks, foot pads, and bars. If  purchased new, they will set you back around $450. Check CL if you don’t mind used.  From there you can add baskets, racks, or cargo box’s. 

Thanks, I will look into this. 

Check out a place called Rack Attack on the net  and search  for Bare Roof Mounting. You will see the entire kit for $550. They usually have pretty good prices but shop around. 

• Like 1

Over seen a roof rack type setup that goes over the bed of the truck. I'll try and remember where I saw that.

Wheels are a crap shoot because of the bigger calipers on this generation. I think you can use like 1.5" spacer. There are also quite a few people selling their takeoffs pretty cheap you might be able to pickup a set of trail boss rims if you keep your eye out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BringTheRain403 said:

Over seen a roof rack type setup that goes over the bed of the truck. I'll try and remember where I saw that.

Wheels are a crap shoot because of the bigger calipers on this generation. I think you can use like 1.5" spacer. There are also quite a few people selling their takeoffs pretty cheap you might be able to pickup a set of trail boss rims if you keep your eye out.

Thanks, I'll have to find my way over to the classifieds on this forum. Keep an eye out for me. 

28 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Where in Canada? 

Edmonton. Winters here are HARSH.

Originally from Niagara Falls. That's like Canada's Florida.

Here's a couple groups on Facebook to keep an eye on as well...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/639282669844283/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1940597442867191/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/277274859597876/

I've seen quite a few people selling their wheels recently...

40 minutes ago, fredcase said:

Edmonton. Winters here are HARSH.

Originally from Niagara Falls. That's like Canada's Florida.

In that case, I'd recommend seeing what Racks for Cars might be able to hook you up with. They carry Thule products, among others.

• Like 1