Strange engine knocking

Engine started making this knocking noise the other day. It will do it at random times and will not do it at idle. It almost sounds like something is loose and flapping in the wind, but i have been all over the engine and can find the source of the sound.

Truck.MOV Any ideas or any experience with this sound would be great. 

I am planning on taking the truck to the deal this week. It has 49,500 miles on it.

Edited by 2015chevy1

This may not be what your talking about.  But since you said flapping in the wind I'll mention it.

When I put my 1.5" body lift on I got a metal sound coming from what I thought was the engine bay.  I couldn't figure it out for a few days.  It was driving me crazy!!!!!  I was sure it was coming from the engine bay.

Then I crawled under the truck one more time and found the heat shield above the muffler had worn into two pieces.  And with the body lift I was now getting enough air in between the body and muffler to make it flap around.  I pulled that bastered off right then.

Paintor wants a workable video to hear the aliens from Mellor and pin it on the US government, Mellor, and GM for making AFM lifters for your LS engine that you've clearly let run in V4 too long.

You know your L83 IS actually a 2013 LS 5.3 right? Brb, let me find you the old pdf for all of us to see again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

• Haha 1