Trying to find the right type of running boards

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some running boards on my 2019 Silverado "Blanco".

I cant afford AMP running boards and i do not like the look of round bars. 

For the price i would like to not spend over $400.

Do not want to drill into any part of my truck.

I know that there is a few topics already on running boards, but a lot of people immediately start talking about the AMP style and i just cannot afford those.

I really like the look of Ionic 41 black running boards, but cannot rind any in stock. I could by the chrome version and paint/powdercoat/linex the chrome to make it black but i wanted to start here. 

Link to ionic 41: https://runningboardwarehouse.com/p/ionic-41-series-black-running-boards/v/chevy/silverado-1500/2019/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw9pDpBRCkARIsAOzRzisxM1FS9jcvVhJsGhWWTuAWlVHmuEyzLjNPRY8Dg5U06qy2hDPnUyQaAkiVEALw_wcB

If anyone has any suggestions that fit this criteria please let me know. 

Do you need running boards because of an ailment to help you get in the truck or do you  just like the looks?  Myself and many others here remove them as I think they're ugly. Sometimes less is more. I saw some trucks on the lot that had the rectangular running boards. I surmise they were GM boards. Anyway good luck.

1 minute ago, mafd2 said:

Do you need running boards because of an ailment to help you get in the truck or do you  just like the looks?  Myself and many others here remove them as I think they're ugly. Sometimes less is more. I saw some trucks on the lot that had the rectangular running boards. I surmise they were GM boards. Anyway good luck.

Need them to get in without any stress.

I have some minor back problems.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BlancoSilverado said:

Hello everyone,

I know that there is a few topics already on running boards, but a lot of people immediately start talking about the AMP style and i just cannot afford those.

I really like the look of Ionic 41 black running boards, but cannot rind any in stock. I could by the chrome version and paint/powdercoat/linex the chrome to make it black but i wanted to start here. 

Link to ionic 41: https://runningboardwarehouse.com/p/ionic-41-series-black-running-boards/v/chevy/silverado-1500/2019/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw9pDpBRCkARIsAOzRzisxM1FS9jcvVhJsGhWWTuAWlVHmuEyzLjNPRY8Dg5U06qy2hDPnUyQaAkiVEALw_wcB

I wish you were local.  I have a set that I took off my truck that I am trying to sell.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigfoot16 said:

I wish you were local.  I have a set that I took off my truck that I am trying to sell.

I literally just saw your for sale item when i got your notification. i would love to buy those and just linex the chrome portion. but you are extremely far. I am in the bay area, CA.

I got cheap running boards on mine, no drilling (I don't even think any require that). I paid around $350 including installation in Orange County.

A lot of the camper shell places would also have running boards for sale. I ordered a black one because my Silverado is black.

I can't think of any quality issues that would arise from running boards. All are basically the same to me.

1 minute ago, Wiggums said:

I got cheap running boards on mine, no drilling (I don't even think any require that). I paid around $350 including installation in Orange County.

A lot of the camper shell places would also have running boards for sale. I ordered a black one because my Silverado is black.

I can't think of any quality issues that would arise from running boards. All are basically the same to me.

Do you have pictures?

What make and model are they?

I plan on installing them myself and making sure to use anti seize 

2 hours ago, BlancoSilverado said:

Hello everyone,

did your dealer not set you up with the mygmrewards when you purchased the vehicle. if they did you should've got 20k point which is 100 dollars?

48 minutes ago, pedro0110 said:

did your dealer not set you up with the mygmrewards when you purchased the vehicle. if they did you should've got 20k point which is 100 dollars?

Already spent that on floor mats and rear wheel well liners.

From what i have seen all the running boards i like are over $650. and again i do not want round ones. 

BTW, At one point they were offering $200 for 20k points.

58 minutes ago, pedro0110 said:

ohh okay was just wondering, did you not like the chevy work truck steps that are online for 425$?part#84017116 for crew cabs

They are a little out of my price range, plus they come off the body really far. 

Great choice if they were under $300, I would buy them.

Edited by BlancoSilverado
Edit