Dash Cam - Suggestions Please

I just had one of our neighborhood teenage drivers nearly wreck my new truck. She is an awful driver and should never be allowed on the road again.

Instead of acting violently, I acted responsibly, had a moment of clarity, and realized I need a dash cam. (And possibly a rear cam as well.)

What are you guys using, why, and how much was it?

Thanks in advance

Rylo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use Rexxing. They have many models to chose from to fit your need. I run an inside / outside cam for the front and also a single in my shell cover for the rear.

Have had them installefd for two years, and other cams from them and have been happy..

I found them on Amazon

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes, this is the one that I have and it is very good in my opinion I've had a number over the years and this one is very good. We just went on a 4000 mile summer trip and it worked flawlessly. Capturing some awesome video that we weren't even thinking was there so on that end of it it was awesome. However you do need to stay up on the updates that they talk about online. It keeps it running at its highest performance and I believe the unit I have takes a 128gb card where most of them only take 16 up to 32 gigabytes. Try it out you don't like it send it back got to love Amazon

Always make sure you use the same cord that comes with it some of them have different wattages even though it may have that small USB connector they may be different Watts so use the one that comes with it, yes I made that mistake because I was lazy to run the new line :-) but I did :-)

1 hour ago, KJS Sullivan said:

Ouch. 400.00. You can get a very very good camera for under 125.00. Avg about 80.00

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes it is expensive but I like the ease of how it hooks up. 

I have a Viofo A119S V2 currently.  Works great for my needs and somehow hasn't died with the heat it gets subjected to.  Viofo has since replaced it with the A119 V3 which I believe is this https://www.amazon.com/VIOFO-A119-1600P-Camera-Logger/dp/B07SWYVYJ7/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=a119+v3&qid=1563057686&s=gateway&sr=8-3.  Forums seem to say it's a pretty decent improvement over my V2 so I might upgrade in the next year or so.

Dual camera setup the Viofo A129 seems to be a good one as well.  Or you can run a 2 cam setup.

I've got some videos up https://www.youtube.com/user/Chevy85Guy/videos.  If you want more cam footage go to dashcamtalk like Black previously said. 

Edited by Chevyguy85
  • Like 1