Over in this thread, one of the posters measured the dB on a 5.3L before clamping the flapper open and covering the resonator screens, and then after. 

Was about a 7dB increase in noise after the mod at idle. Pretty good. I would imagine the 6.2L would be even greater. 

I was ok with doing a cheap quick mod to cover the screens on the 5.3 because you could undo it with a screwdriver. if I just shelled out the kind of money it takes to get a 6.2, I don't think I would be chopping off resonators. I would try clamping open one or both flapper valves on your 6.2 first before you start chopping up your exhaust. Otherwise if you can afford to buy a 6.2 and run premium fuel, do it right and put on a real exhaust. That's my 2 cents. If you try the flappers let us know how it sounds.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ok, I feel stupid now because I didn’t know I had flappers, I didn’t see them when I was under there and I didn’t see screens either, I was jealous of the 5.’3’s that had them. Guess I let the creeper out tomorrow.

So I guess I’m not as embarrassed as I thought , I didn’t think I had screens to cover like the 5.3’s, I knew I hadn’t seen them and also figured the resonators on the 6.2 are where the screens are on the 5.3’s. I do in fact have the flapper though so I’ll try clamping that open first but I think removing the resonators is the key and it’s only costing me $80.00 to do so, just not sure when I’ll get around to doing it, if I do it. 

Again, if anybody removed the resonators on the 6.2 let me know your feelings on the sounds. 

Thanks.

Ok, I clamped both flappers open and I hear absolutely no difference in sound, so either I live with it or I cut the resonators off,, hmmm....

Ok, I clamped both flappers open and I hear absolutely no difference in sound, so either I live with it or I cut the resonators off,, hmmm....
Are you sure you clamped them open and not closed? Honestly covering the exhaust screens on the 5.3 which take place of the resonators didn't seem to do make much difference. Clamping open the one flapper on the 5.3 is what seemed to make the increase in sound.

I think usually resonators help with unwanted drone and sound so might not be the best to cut them off but I'm no expert. if you are going to put on an aftermarket exhaust anyway then I guess it couldn't hurt to try for 80 bucks and see if it works

Yeah, I'm sure I turned it all the way and correctly, the fist time I did it I thought I may have screwed up so I reversed them, no difference, so then I turned them the other way again (Turn the knob clockwise) and again they sounded the same on cold start up. Now, with all that being said after driving it for a couple of days I can hear a very slight difference when I'm in the truck and start it up, slight but there is a difference. I'm in no rush to hack up my exhaust currently so I'm going to just leave it be for now.

Yeah, I'm sure I turned it all the way and correctly, the fist time I did it I thought I may have screwed up so I reversed them, no difference, so then I turned them the other way again (Turn the knob clockwise) and again they sounded the same on cold start up. Now, with all that being said after driving it for a couple of days I can hear a very slight difference when I'm in the truck and start it up, slight but there is a difference. I'm in no rush to hack up my exhaust currently so I'm going to just leave it be for now.
These trucks are so quiet anyway it is really hard to hear much of any exhaust mod. My 5.3 has a nice rumble on startup from outside the truck with flapper open and resonator screens covered up but I can barely hear the difference inside the truck.