Flowmaster, Borla, Magnaflow or straight pipe? (Video comparison)

On 8/13/2020 at 9:03 AM, Mikedfw said:

Is there any reason to go for the borla atak catback instead of just using the atak crate muffler if getting the sound is the only thing you care about? It doesn't seem to me that the performance gains are enough to justify the expense of the catback, but I might be missing something.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat. This might be a stupid question, but is using one of Borla's crate mufflers a bad thing? I know they're "meant" for use on a crate motor, but it seems to me that they would be applicable to regular vehicles as well.

Edited by beefin06

• 6 months later...
On 7/15/2019 at 10:11 AM, Bikeman said:

Currently saving for the flowmaster American thunder cat back. Can't wait to delete the bumper exhaust appliques. Originally I thought they were part of the exhaust not bolt on accents. 

Did you end up getting the American Thunder Cat Back system?  Been considering this for my 2019 5,3 elevation.  Just worried about drone.

• 4 weeks later...

I had been scouring the forum, web and youtube for soundclips , pictures etc. I pulled the plug on Magnaflow catback 19489. I had Magnaflow on previous truck and really like the deeper tone.

I only got to drive around a little bit yesterday so no major feedback yet other than the deep grumble gives me a S*** eating grin every time I whack the pedal. Plan to get out on highway today, so want to see if there is any drone.   Will try sport mode and see if any differences in sound/ seat of pants  feel. I like the dual tips as just gives a personalized look and stock shape on bumper with bezels removed is a lot better then I expected.  Mind dirty fingerprints, snapped pick when I got back from shop.

Have to figure out how to post sound clips yet. but is a nice subtle change from stock  at idle and noticeable when on gas. From previous experience with MF they get a tiny bit louder once packing worked in  and heated around 500 ish miles. 

8B6B9C96-1F47-4BAB-8D8B-2100AC76DFCD.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Yfz43gmc