Mylink touchscreen... tell me I'm not crazy

Hey everyone again,

Since I've owned my 2015 Silverado 1500 LT I've had intermittent troubles with my touchscreen. When using the screen occasionally I can touch the screen and everything works fine no issue at all and then sometimes I cant use any of the screen at all. Like literally just touch the screen and nothing happens. Also the XM radio guide will randomly pop up and my channels start changing on it's own. 

I took it in for service at one point a few months ago and they flashed it or what ever and it was better for a bit. So now the issue is worse and I'm taking it in for something else too so I'm having it looked at again.

I had the lady watch me use the screen so I could show her how it wasnt working... well I'm sitting there with her watching me and some of the screens working and then I go into the menu on the touchscreen and I literally cant get anything to work at all. She proceeds to touch the screen and it works no issue at all. I touch it and nothing. She touches it works fine. So she tells me well its probably just how you are touching it... I'm like wtf that shouldn't be a thing. So had anyone else ever had this issue? Are they just yanking my leg or is my fingers the issue lol.

They amazingly texted me and told me they had duplicated the issue and have a call into a tech today. So should hear what they are going to do. 

Fingers cross I just get a new head unit. 

If they do I'm going to ask about upgrading to a navigation based one. Idk if they will or not tho

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, scott.moody.9401 said:

Mine has started doing the same thing. All sorts of random functions will pop up on the screen, makes the click noise as if you are making selections on the screen but im not. Radio will change stations, nav map goes beserk, etc

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

I ended up getting a new one and had zero issues so far. 

It seemed like a known issue if you take it in... thr trouble will be duplicating it with them 

When I bought my 2016 at the end of 2017 it had an 1-2 inch area across the entire top of the screen where the touch screen would not function. Noticed it on my test drive and had it on the invoice to be replaced after purchase once the parts came in. Possible yours had dead zone as well. My sales guy touched one are and said it’s working fine until I showed him the dead zone. Got a brand new unit a week later and no issues since then.

2 minutes ago, CombsL83 said:

When I bought my 2016 at the end of 2017 it had an 1-2 inch area across the entire top of the screen where the touch screen would not function. Noticed it on my test drive and had it on the invoice to be replaced after purchase once the parts came in. Possible yours had dead zone as well. My sales guy touched one are and said it’s working fine until I showed him the dead zone. Got a brand new unit a week later and no issues since then.

The dead zone appeared to be my main issue. 75% of the time it was just certain areas maining the bottom 2" of screen that didnt work. Then the other 25% was none of the screen.

The parts girl also tried to tell me it was fine. Shes like well its working fine now. That it was how I was touching it. 

Then of course the random screens it would cycle through for no reason 

• 5 months later...

So I have a 2015 2500HD 8” touchscreen, has been changing channels for a while on its own, switching from Bluetooth to XM then voice commands without a word being spoken. instrument cluster would change as well I would change it back to speedometer or MPG and it would change when the touchscreen changed. I scoured the web for solutions. Tried the ground posts under the windshield/A pillars. It seemed to glitch less but after a few trips glitches only once in about 2 hours total driving time which was an improvement. However, the touchscreen has always been problematic and unresponsive at times so I decided to get one off eBay out of a wrecked truck and low and behold the touchscreen works with every touch, unlike the last year. I swapped it in my drive way in about 15 min. Didn’t need to have it relearned at the dealership as some have stated and once again just the touchscreen module. So I’m going to drive it for a while and see if this is the fix if not HMI it is. Side note HMIs seem to be GM compatible across different models and are more so year/package specific. Hope this helps anyone that is having this issue.