Wiring problem

So I’m sure this has been covered before but I have been unable to find any real info, I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 crew cab lt, I bought a used topper, cap, finally got around to do wiring, done light was easy as I already had run a 12v power socket to the rear, wide up the 3rd brake light( with wife’s help and my volt meter) found the brake light power at the trailer plug harness, of coarse I didn’t do the research before hand because all you need is power when brakes are activated right! Well my brake light works but I now have found out that it is combined with the directional wire also, my question is.. is there a wire that is strictly brake? Where? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toy should find everything at the trailer plug.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

From what I have been able to find out is that somewhere along the line the directionals and brake light combine, brakeleft turn/ brake right turn

Maybe splice into the brake wire to one of the tail light assemblies?  They have a separate brake-only signal that should do the job for you.

Where is the “brake only” signal in the tail lights? I Only have a left/stop and right/stop, blinkers are combined with brakes

I just wired up one of my many boat trailers and there was running lights and turn it used the turn lamp for brake. But I have to think there is a brake wire at the rear body control module by the spare tire. Ever see how.may wires are on that thing? Good god.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1