2017 Silverado LED Tail Lights

I've been running the Raxioms for a couple of weeks now.  I believe them to be the same as the Morimoto's, without the 10-year warranty (and maybe crappier built-in resistors?).  The housings are made by the same folks, as you can tell by the DOT stamping showing the true manufacturer name.  

They're nice and bright, but the reverse LED paints a strange pattern of light in your rear view camera as it tries to "project" the LED through a small lens.  I've also run into them hyperflashing.  Both sides have hyperflashed/bulb out warning on me, and the fix is better resistors wired into the harness.  So far I've had a decent customer service experience with the AT guys.

I'm probably going to keep running them.  I blacked out my 3rd brake light with vvivid vinyl clear smoke tint wrap and swapped the bulbs with LEDs to match.  Sorry, the truck is filthy as we had been expecting some bad weather that never materialized.   

638457186_20190805_104659-Copy.jpg.d1e5b36773394993259e38a44c62db9b.jpg106989129_20190805_104656-Copy.jpg.78804e788f6ac8e492b1b08716b72933.jpg

Edited by 808

• 1 month later...

Does anyone here have the Morimoto XB's on their trucks? They seem very similar to the Raxioms and have read similar things about the hyperflashing from other threads I've searched on here. I'm thinking about picking them up for my LT (non-factory LED), but not sure if I want to drop almost $500 and have all the headaches I've been hearing..

On 9/11/2019 at 1:11 PM, mistermcgoo said:

Does anyone here have the Morimoto XB's on their trucks? They seem very similar to the Raxioms and have read similar things about the hyperflashing from other threads I've searched on here. I'm thinking about picking them up for my LT (non-factory LED), but not sure if I want to drop almost $500 and have all the headaches I've been hearing..

Ran the XB's on my truck for about 4 months. I can't say i was impressed by them for the hefty price of them. Even with the built in resistors they hyperflashed 8 out of 10 times. Another thing i don't like about them is they have a brief delay with the park/tail light coming back on after you apply your brake lights. I took them out and went back to the stock tails, still unsure what im going to do with the XB's.