Air Filter

3 hours ago, xPredator86x said:

Or what if....

The factory ran into a parts shortage on the AC Delco filters, and had to pull from another supplier temporarily to keep the line moving. 

I was wondering that too but it seemed too suspicious. New air filter is in and truck is running smoother than ever. 

12 hours ago, madsen203 said:

I was wondering that too but it seemed too suspicious. New air filter is in and truck is running smoother than ever. 

It's not going to run any different with a F-C filter in it; just because there's F-C filter in it doesn't mean it's not filtering (that's the company that own Ferrari and Alfa, I may actually prefer one of their filters over an AC Delco, just sayin).  The issue/question is why it's there in the first place... perhaps instead of pages of speculation you call the dealer and ask them why?  

• 1 year later...

For me, the air filter is really important in the car because I often smoke cigarettes in the car and if the air filter is too weak the smell of the cigarette won't come out and also this smell can then imbibe in the chairs and the car will always smell, this is why I started to look for a new air filter in my car and reading the post on Damage Control of Orlando I found out about the ozone generators and I even bought me one I know that it's hard to use it and it has a lot of nuances but it's the best way to filter the air the car and I, but even with all these problems there is no better way how to clean the air in the car and I observed this after I had installed it in my car it doesn't smell anymore. What's your opinion?

Edited by AmeliaNorth