All these painted bumpers to cause fits

4 hours ago, BringTheRain403 said:

Get some PPF installed. Under $200 for the front bumper. Had mine done when I had my truck ceramic coated...adcccf8421de227089d8d255f4188479.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Damn, that's cheap for PPF. Was that just for the bumper?

I paid $600 last week to install half front PPF. Included leading hood and fenders and all bumper. I had PPF on my last vehicle and will never own a vehicle without PPF. Such a small price to pay for the potential damages. These days, the self healing ones even make it even better. Just wash and leave in the sun to heal right back up. Seems like a no-brainer to me. 

32 minutes ago, Likarok said:

I would not buy a new car or truck anymore without clearbra installed. It is as simple a s that!

X2, and my dumbass forgot in my excitement of getting my new truck, and I’m not paying the price for forgetting. 

On 8/23/2019 at 10:25 PM, teyaroch said:

All I see on the roads are Silverados with painted bumpers.  These owners are going to be upset when they finally realize stone chips and rust are normal for painted fronts.  I wonder what GM is going to say or do when 80% of their customers complain.

It's not the 1970s anymore.  99+% of cars on the road don't have metal/chrome front-ends now.

It's not a problem unique to this truck.  I'm not sure what you're really afraid of...  why would 80% of customers complain when the same thing that happens to every other car happens to this one?

• Like 3

I learned my lesson on my old truck and had clear film put on the new trucks's front bumper and grill. I bought a kit online and did the lights, door pillars and a 4 inch strip above the windshield on the roof myself. I also put a Weathertech hood protector on.

20190627_205517.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daverado said:

It's not the 1970s anymore.  99+% of cars on the road don't have metal/chrome front-ends now.

It's not a problem unique to this truck.  I'm not sure what you're really afraid of...  why would 80% of customers complain when the same thing that happens to every other car happens to this one?

Only trucks have steel bumpers that will rust.  There have never been this many painted bumpers out by GM.  I can just see an issue arising in the near future.