Shell Rotella Gas truck

I've used the "older" bottle before they came out with the new line of oils and never had any issues. It has to meet or exceed the manufacturers specs to be sold so it's going to be just fine. I'm not do for an oil change quite yet so I haven't bought that new 0W20 yet but have sold many gallons at my weekend job.

• Like 1

I read a test somewhere recently that rated that #1, slightly ahead of QS ultimate durability, which itself was slightly ahead of Pennzoil platinum. I seem to recall seeing the dexos label on the shell rotella jug at some point. 

• Like 2

I’ve run the Rotella T6 in a bunch of stuff (atvs, mowers, generators, etc) and really like it. This is definitely a good option for oil but I won’t use it unless the price point is there. I can buy NAPA full synthetic or Mobil 1 for so cheap that it would be hard for me to justify spending more for another synthetic oil that meets similar specs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No view.  I use Schaeffer Oil that I get thru my commercial account.  I have never been in the Rotella camp.  Nothing about Rotella ever sparked my interest.  The fact that there is no Dexos emblem on it wouldn’t bother me.  There is no Dexos emblem on the Schaeffer that I use either, though it states Dexos 1 Gen 2 compatibility on the back label.  I just don’t let my paranoia gland get enlarged over such things.

Edited by Cowpie
  • Like 1

I just did my 2nd oil change with the Gas Truck Rotella 5w-20 after taking it to the dealer for the past year and half for all the oil changes.  Haven't had any problems, it seems to run great with it, and the consensus on bobistheoilguy.com seems to be good as well. 

• Like 1