Pictures

Moend

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Guys, whilst I would normally put this up on the main forum I thought I would see what owners of our colour are up to, so living in the great white north I find keeping my truck clean is a P.I.T.A in winter as once the snow hits they do the normal plow and spread this wonderful calcium based deicer on the roads and then we get a chinook wind blow through the sun comes out and it's all down the side of your truck!

My previous trucks were silver which were way easier to keep clean and as much as I love the blue I am thinking I might as well have a black truck, so for ease of cleaning I am thinking of biting the bullet in spring and getting ceramic coating done, normally I put a layer of polymer sealant on once a year.

Thoughts????

I haven't done ceramic coating.  I don't keep my vehicles long enough for it to be worth it. My friend on the other hand ceramic coated his 2500 blue truck and I feel it still get as dirty as my truck.

What I usually do to keep the truck clean is bringing it to the touch less car wash and when I get home a bucket of warm water with some APC and wipe it down and of course wash the floor mats. I have the gm all weather mats and they are surprisingly good. And wash pretty easy. 

It is pain to own a dark vehicle. But if I have it my way I will never drive any thing that isn't blue ?

• 1 month later...

Oh I agree on even a ceramic coated vehicle getting just as dirty, it's the ease of keeping it clean that I find attractive, summer typically is not an issue but once winter arrives up here it's a pain to keep the pride and joy the way I like it!!! LOL

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/9/2019 at 9:34 AM, RAYS B4U said:

Taken right after installing my Roll-N-Lock retractable tonneau cover. Sunny Eastern Washington.

20190828_141223.thumb.jpg.adfcd38baf53f41ac13d7cde6bf5dde7.jpg

I didn't like how my eye was immediately drawn down to the chrome strip on my running boards, so I removed it. I think it looks better.
image.thumb.png.a2ffa1d6a01b2cc9e75301631eac20c2.png

• 3 weeks later...

Since the weather has  finally changed  for the  better and the chariot gets to stay clean  longer. Also thought I would add an updated pic in comparison with the new rims installed.

IMG_20200529_115136.jpg

Jul6.jpg

Edited by Comscan
Photo addition
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.