Sierra picks up the hurricane

19 minutes ago, Chevyguy85 said:

Hurricane is avoiding us.  It's barely rained, if it wasn't for the storm being over hyped as usual and work saying not to show up I wouldn't have been able to tell there was a hurricane.

Weather been great here.....but we got real lucky that it stalled. Last Thursday I was concerned enough to pull the generator out and service it.

• Like 1

I did mine Friday. Neighbor helped me tune it and fabricate a mount for the muffler. Gas was quicker to get than waiting to get diesel on Thursday. Even MCO changed their minds and stayed open Monday. It's rained less than our usual summer storms. I was looking forward to some good thunderstorms. Oh well. At least I didn't go out and panic buy everything. Went to harbor freight for some stuff and all their tarps were gone and even almost all their screen tarps were gone lol. I'd hate to be these retail workers having to process all these returns of water and everything else the masses gobbled up.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't understand why people do the "panic buy". The only thing I purchased was a fuel filter for the generator, 25 gallons of gas to run it and filled up both trucks. I will run the generator fuel through the truck within 2 weeks. Nothing to return. I have jugs to bottle my own water, can goods, etc that we keep.

• Like 1

I don't either.  The gas will get used in the mowers so in a few months the 15ish gallons I've got will get used up.  I already had everything else.  I really hope stores start implementing a no return policy on perishables for panic buyers.

• Like 1

I was in Home Depot today and talked to a friend of mine that works there. They had 40 generators returned since Monday. I hears someone else talking about all the bottled water being returned to Walmart. They should stop  taking back anything that is bought for a storm.

• Like 1

I remember one hurricane people ordered hundreds if not thousands of generators.  That was a fun week or so at work unloading all those suckers.  Most were ordered on amazon I think.  Amazon doesn't want to touch their heavy stuff so they cram it down our throats and make us deal with them.  I think the other shipping companies told Amazon to shove it so we're the only idiots left handling them.Thankfully I wasn't around to get all the return shipments, if they came back through us then it would have been the other shifts.  A lot of people didn't even get the generators until after the hurricane :)

I"m always amazed with the preparations people have to go through.  People in AZ wouldn't know what to do.  As long as we have some AC we are good...   hahaha

I'm sure that first hurricane experience is unforgettable!  I wish everyone the best having to go through that! 

It's fine, people who live here act like they don't know what to do even if they've been here for a decade.  Floridians act all hard until you take away our AC in 95+ degree heat and 90% humidity lol.  I don't remember my first hurricane.  I do remember the 3 or 4 that hit us in 2004 though.