Posts regarding 2019 Lifter replacements

Random posts where lifters needed replacing or lifters making noises …...

Member: gmdog2 
Post: Well, took to the dealer. Needless to say I left without my truck. Apparently GM has a TSB on the this noise. They are ordering all new lifters, arms, etc .....
1800 miles..

-------------------------------------------------

Member: JonGM19
Post: Just had this same sound start on my 19 Silverado 6.2.  5500 miles.  Dealer looked at it today and confirmed a lifter issue and started tear down.  

Member:  Wendie 
Post: My lifters have to be replaced. They went bad for some reason. First time our dealer has seen that happen. 
3500 miles on it.

Member: ct_corey  
Post: I bring it in the 3rd time and now GM says its a lifter noise and they are aware of the problem but no fix is available at this time.  Some of the techs at the dealer weren't 100% convinced this was a lifter problem but GM engineers seem to think it is.

Exactly the issues I have been going through.  Dealer said the same thing. They weren't  100% convinced that it was a lifter issue but GM told them to stop diag and handed me a piece of paper that says they realize the problem but their is no fix available at this time.  Per the bulletin the truck needs to tick past the 5-7 minute mark and make a constant noise for them to replace anything. The rapping noise is so loud in my truck I can hear it inside my house when I remote start it. I don't care what GM says but 100% this cannot be good for the longevity of the engine. 

Keep in mind this bulletin has been around for a year now. clearly they have no plan on fixing this issue anytime soon. 

Edited by ct_corey

Ditto on lifter replacement 5.3 AFM 3200mi,  See my other posts in the topic  My cold start knock/tick issues continues "no repair available"   

Maybe someone can combine the threads about lifters and engine noise/knock? ( If that is even a thing that can be done, new here).