N192217410 recall question

Good afternoon all!

I just received the above recall.  I previously received the recall regarding the vacuum pump, but because I was over in mileage, GM would do nothing (even though I have been complaining about the braking issue since I purchased the truck new).  

My question, if anyone would like to give their input......the dealership, I have booked at, state they have no idea.  Is......how can we go from replacing the vacuum pump (my cost would of been $600+), to now only needing calibration?  I had temporarily solved my braking issue, by having the oil changed more often, as the brakes were terrible, below 25% oil change notice.  I was doing this, as I argued with the dealership, and GM about this problem, that I felt they should cover.

I just do not comprehend how we can now just need calibration??  

I'm so disappointed in GM.....have been a Chevy owner only since I was 19......in my late 50's now.  I honestly don't see my next vehicle being a GM product (especially as the salesman and dealership have been our dealership for 20+years and wouldn't back me either).  Next vehicle won't be a truck, so already looking into crossovers, in other makes......I digress.  Just a disappointed truck owner!!

The difference between two companies is amazing. For instance. Last week I got a letter from Toyota. We received complaints of paint peeling on some of our white Toyota Camrys. Please keep this letter with you. If it happens to your Camry we will fix the problem. Whereas you could have two trucks the same model year some have been recalled some not. Their letter should read if you’re experiencing a problem please bring it in. If not at your next service we will address the problem. This is called peace of mind. Toyota is now very high on my list for my next vehicle. GM continues to fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, Kim K said:

Good afternoon all!

I just received the above recall.  I previously received the recall regarding the vacuum pump, but because I was over in mileage, GM would do nothing (even though I have been complaining about the braking issue since I purchased the truck new).  

My question, if anyone would like to give their input......the dealership, I have booked at, state they have no idea.  Is......how can we go from replacing the vacuum pump (my cost would of been $600+), to now only needing calibration?  I had temporarily solved my braking issue, by having the oil changed more often, as the brakes were terrible, below 25% oil change notice.  I was doing this, as I argued with the dealership, and GM about this problem, that I felt they should cover.

I just do not comprehend how we can now just need calibration??  

I'm so disappointed in GM.....have been a Chevy owner only since I was 19......in my late 50's now.  I honestly don't see my next vehicle being a GM product (especially as the salesman and dealership have been our dealership for 20+years and wouldn't back me either).  Next vehicle won't be a truck, so already looking into crossovers, in other makes......I digress.  Just a disappointed truck owner!!

The Vacuum Pump failure can lead to more than just braking problems.

When it goes out the internals can grenade metal fragments into the the oil system, as the pump is lubricated by the same oil that runs through the engine.

This would be reason enough to replace the old unit with a new one and why many of us wish it were a recall to have the pump replaced.

The recall is a software update to the ECBM in case of complete vacuum pump failure. If the vacuum pump were to fail, the hydraulic system takes over and provides braking ability. This software update just programs the hydraulic system to come on faster if the vacuum pump fails.

I too had to pay $700 out of pocket in May to replace the whole unit. I They sent out a letter in April acknowledging the problem but would not cover My truck in May because it only covered up to 70,000 miles, I had 82,000. So, I called Corporate, thinking they’d cut me a break. Nope they called the same dealership to see if they would give me a discount and called me back to tell me, “Sorry there is no recall”! Who’s running this sh*t, anyway! 

The recall just came out Sep. 6, so I call back. This time they tell me, No This recall is a software issue, not the unit issue and that I should take my truck in to get it installed right away. I can’t win. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, let’s see what happens.