slight blue smoke at start up

any common issues with a slight blue (non water evaporation) type smoke at start up in the mornings? Its only for the first 5 seconds of the truck starting up, then it goes away.

2014 with around 50k miles on it.

Runs great, no issues other than this smoke that has me a little concerned. Im hoping its nothing crazy like rings going....

questions? ask away.... thx in advance.

I recently purchased a 2019 Silverado 5.3L V8 with 3,000 miles on it and my truck smokes very similar to your description. It only smokes on initial (cold) start and is very frustrating. I have been back and forth with the dealership and corporate Chevrolet and continue to get the same response, "this is a normal characteristic of your vehicle." I have continued to give them the same response, "I do not accept this as a "normal" characteristic." I am currently waiting on a second opinion from another dealership and will go from there. But as of right now I have not gotten a resolution.

• Like 1

This is a normal characteristic. I was also worried when I purchased my 2014 with the 4.3 v6. I have been advised multiple times and seen it mentioned a few times that this is due to the direct injection system on the 2014+ engines (v6 & v8). 

• Like 1