Anyone get the 9L7 Upfitter AUX switches

25 minutes ago, Swiftks said:

Never mind, I think this is it:

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-instrument-panel-wiring-harness-84497098/?c=Zz1lbGVjdHJpY2FsJnM9ZnVzZS1hbmQtcmVsYXkmaT1HSDE5MjIyNSZyPTEmYT1nbWMmbz1zaWVycmEtMTUwMCZ5PTIwMTkmdD1hdDQmZT01LTNsLXY4LWdhcw%3D%3D

How do you know if this is needed or not though.  I would assume it is, if you're trying to reto-fit the aux switch bank into a vehicle it wasn't originally intended for.  Thoughts?

yes that is it & is definitely required to install the upfitter switches.  Then there is a harness that goes from this, through the firewall & to the battery where it connects to the aux fuse block on the battery.  Your truck may need this fuse block kit as well, depending on your trim level/package.  Though from what i can tell, this is only added as part of the snow plow prep package  part numbers above for this. 

• Thanks 1

I contacted GM upfitter support and got this response a couple months ago:

There are 4 kits currently being release into the service parts system 84756681, 84756682, 84756684, and 84756685. These all are listed in the parts catalog but not yet priced which means not yet available to order.  In lieu of the kits being available I have attached the parts list and illustration for the individual components absence of the knee bolster trim panel, that I have also provided separately.  The 182k file is the 9L7 parts information, 318KB is for the trim pad w/o push 2 start(BTM) and the 309kb is w/Push2 start (BTM). A GM Parts Dept can help you decode the rest of the option as it pertains to the vehicle you need the components for.

ImageAndParts.pdf ImageAndParts (1).pdf ImageAndParts (2).pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I ordered my Kit off eBay from the Link provided by a member on this thread. Installation was a breeze and took all of about an hour or so to do. Now I Have the Aux buttons I needed. Thanks for all your help. 

Well I ordered my Kit off eBay from the Link provided by a member on this thread. Installation was a breeze and took all of about an hour or so to do. Now I Have the Aux buttons I needed. Thanks for all your help. 
Got some pictures?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

From what i have read in the upfitter documents, Switch # 5 output plugs into the harness and goes to the rear roof liner for a "Roof Beacon". It's the green wire with the blue stripe.

Code # X380 "Center High Mounted Stop Lamp Jumper Harness to Headliner Harness "

Location:   "In the passenger compartment,  behind the left C-pillar, near the headliner"

Has anyone seen exactly where it comes out?

Edited by CNADN SIERRA

From what i have read in the upfitter documents, Switch # 5 output plugs into the harness and goes to the rear roof liner for a "Roof Beacon". It's the green wire with the blue stripe.

Code # X380 "Center High Mounted Stop Lamp Jumper Harness to Headliner Harness "
Location:   "In the passenger compartment,  behind the left C-pillar, near the headliner"

Has anyone seen exactly where it comes out?
There is a bulletin that tells u where u have to drill a hole by ur 3rd brake light
There is a exact spot that u are supposed to drill out

I'm hoping that I can reroute the wire out the firewall and under the truck to avoid drilling a hole

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, mkeddie said:

There is a bulletin that tells u where u have to drill a hole by ur 3rd brake light
There is a exact spot that u are supposed to drill out

I'm hoping that I can reroute the wire out the firewall and under the truck to avoid drilling a hole

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Thanks.  Found it. Bulletin #157.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello 

I have a 2020 Chev 3500 with the aux switches in place as an option

GM sent the fuse block and battery cable etc with the truck but the dealer will not install them as part of the PDI

i have read the upfitter bulletin 153 and it would appear that one has to remove dash panels just to get to the knee bolster panel.  Is this correct?

I need to install the fuse block behind the bolster panel but I do not want to take apart all of the dash to get to it.

can any one advise

thank you