On 12/9/2019 at 8:12 AM, Rsktm300xcw said:

Also having the rattle in my at4. Seems like if I pull back towards me on the center dash storage tray it seems to go away. Does this sou d like the rattle of the ducting on the bar?

I am have a similar rattle and pulling the tray helps my High Country’s “popping” as well. Any other suggestions as to where it could be coming from as I have a hard time understanding how pulling on the dash/tray could help with the ducting bar. 

On 12/9/2019 at 6:12 AM, Rsktm300xcw said:

Also having the rattle in my at4. Seems like if I pull back towards me on the center dash storage tray it seems to go away. Does this sou d like the rattle of the ducting on the bar?

My AT4 does the exact same thing. If i pull the top center storage pocket towards me it goes away. If you move it back and forth you can hear it squeak. Very annoying. Took it to dealer with no solution. Dealers do not seam interested in working on this type of problem. Would love to know how to pull the instrument panel and get to the ducting to see if this would fix this.

• 1 month later...

I recently partially took my dash apart. I ended up taking the top tray out and the front windshield defrost grill out. The defroster grill pops out with a plastic trim tool. The center dash tray does as well once the single screw is removed. While reinstalling the screw in the dash tray I pulled back on it and tightened the screw. I then popped the defroster grill back in, the rattle seems to have stopped. At least for the time being. Now the center console squeaks of course.

• 6 months later...
On 12/9/2019 at 7:12 AM, Rsktm300xcw said:

i am experience this exact same thing. Did you have any luck.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/10/2021 at 8:14 AM, Michael Brusco said:

Just found my rattling noise on my 2020 Chevy 2500 6.6 gas. The antifreeze reservoir, was loose. 

You're the man! I was just about to start digging into the dash until I saw this post. This ended up being my issue as well. 

• 8 months later...

Hey, little late into the game.  Just bought a 2021 GMC Sierra AT4. I have the same rattle: so far I have removed the cluster and added rattle prevention to the AC duct. I have firmly secured the hood release pull cord all the way from the inside to the hood latch. This rattle is driving me insane and the dealership (despite have a new vehicle warranty) charges me $150 anytime I bring it to the shop with this issue. They claim its a harness loose but do not know “which” one or “where”. Any solutions would be MUCH appreciated

Edit: The coolant reservoir mentioned above was missing a bolt. After bolting it down with felt washers on both sides, still no rattle solution.

Edited by EmporerM

On 1/29/2024 at 7:53 PM, EmporerM said:

Hey, little late into the game.  Just bought a 2021 GMC Sierra AT4. I have the same rattle: so far I have removed the cluster and added rattle prevention to the AC duct. I have firmly secured the hood release pull cord all the way from the inside to the hood latch. This rattle is driving me insane and the dealership (despite have a new vehicle warranty) charges me $150 anytime I bring it to the shop with this issue. They claim its a harness loose but do not know “which” one or “where”. Any solutions would be MUCH appreciated

Edit: The coolant reservoir mentioned above was missing a bolt. After bolting it down with felt washers on both sides, still no rattle solution.

FOR THE LOVE OF GMC, the rattle has been found and fixed. One of the screws holding the fender well up was missing. The metal clip that sits in the metal bracket got wind on it at higher speeds. Put a piece of tape over the clip and a new screw in it. Wallahhh.. no more rattle. One key point that made me look there was: the rattle went away even at high speeds when it was raining. The weight of the water on the clip and fender well prevented the metal on metal rattle at higher speeds. I’ve got a video of what it sounded like for anyone hunting a sound