Hi all,

New to the forum and to Chevy. Long time Ram owner, made the jump lol.

I bought a 2019 Silverado Custom with 4.3L. I got a rattle coming from dash area. Sounds like its in the area of were the headlight sensor is up by the windshield. Only rattles in drive at a stop. Anyone else by chance?

13 minutes ago, Landry said:

I have had a rattle behind the dash near the drivers door for months now when I go over 50 mph.  I have taken it to two different dealerships multiple times with no solution.  It kills me.

Check the hood release cable. Someone said something about tying it back with a zip tie to fix a rattle.

So it has gotten worse...

Only rattles in gear at a stop. No rattle in neutral or park. Apparently only when there is a "load" if you will, on the engine. Even my kids asked what that is. Sounds dead center of dash. Im hoping just something in engine bay rattling. At this point going to make appt next week at dealer. 

Would you guys be ok if they had to tear your dash apart?????

I have had a rattle behind the dash near the drivers door for months now when I go over 50 mph.  I have taken it to two different dealerships multiple times with no solution.  It kills me.

So the ductwork behind the dash is probably rattling against the tie bar that goes the width of the dash. That’s exactly what mine was, little butyl between it and it’s solved. Like I mentioned, you need to remove e cluster for access but it’s not difficult. PM me if you need help

On 9/28/2019 at 10:53 AM, FiatDale said:

So the ductwork behind the dash is probably rattling against the tie bar that goes the width of the dash. That’s exactly what mine was, little butyl between it and it’s solved. Like I mentioned, you need to remove e cluster for access but it’s not difficult. PM me if you need help

I have a rattle around the A post area when I get to 40mph.sounds like door but could be the dash.could you tell me the area you mean when you say cluster?

Cluster = speedometer. It’s behind that area, I can almost guarantee it. The rattle sounds like door/ a pillar / dash, but it’s that ductwork behind it. It has such slight clearance between itself and the metal tie bar that spans the width of the dash. When it’s warm, it flexes and bounces on top of that tie bar.

5 hours ago, FiatDale said:

Cluster = speedometer. It’s behind that area, I can almost guarantee it. The rattle sounds like door/ a pillar / dash, but it’s that ductwork behind it. It has such slight clearance between itself and the metal tie bar that spans the width of the dash. When it’s warm, it flexes and bounces on top of that tie bar.

Thanks for info. The noise has seemed to stop the last 300 miles.if it returns which I'm sure it will I will look at this area. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update everyone:

Took truck to dealer. There was a gm bulletin out about dash rattle. Turns out I had the same problem. 

Issue was engine harness above transmission was rubbing on floorpan. They adjusted the harness, so far no more rattle!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2019 at 8:59 PM, MyWay said:

Just to update everyone:

Took truck to dealer. There was a gm bulletin out about dash rattle. Turns out I had the same problem. 

Issue was engine harness above transmission was rubbing on floorpan. They adjusted the harness, so far no more rattle!

Do you have pictures of the area

Thank you!

On 9/28/2019 at 9:30 AM, Landry said:

These forums are your best chance at finding a solution to any rattle complaints. I have owned newer under warranty gm trucks now since the mid 90's i can tell you for fact most times a dealer will not solve rattle issues and they just hope to keep pushing you along until your past the 3 year or 36k mark which is when they are completely not obligated to fix interior rattles without charging you.