2018 5.3 oil pan area leak

Guess what surprise it wasn’t the oil pan, still leaking. I said to them rear main seal, of course lets do the easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ok what about oil lines. There have been a few cases of small leaks. Worse under pressure so it was hard to find.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Noticed mine leaking around the pan area about 2 weeks ago (2016 with around 57k). Dealer found the pan seal leaking like others above. Said they have seen a fair number of them. They replace the whole pan and reseal, to ensure the pan isn't tweaked from prying it off. Luckily still under powertrain warranty. Been about a week since it was fixed. I need to climb under and check to see how sloppy they were with the sealant and ensure that stopped the leak.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Ok I took The truck in for service.   They said one of the oil plugs had to be resealed.  Sounds like nonsense to me.

I now have 2000 miles on that fix.  Last week end I helped my son move and the low oil display popped up.

I check the oil dip stick and there was no reading.  We put 4 quarts in and the stick read.  This thing is dumping oil all over the place.   My drive way looks like an oil field !  It goes right back next week.  Now they tell me it will cost 135.00 an hour for diagnostics!  I will be getting rid of the leaks and truck just as soon as they plug the leak.

Oh yeah,  the leak started as a drip off the oil filter.  I did the oil change at 10,000 miles.  That's when I noticed the oil droplet.

It' a GM nightmare !  I wonder how the Fords are.

Well Trucker84 I must say you push things to the limit. 4 quarts low, 10 k oil changes. Wondering if you plan on keeping this truck.

• Haha 1

diyer2, I did the 10K oil change.  The oil is changed every 5k miles.  The truck holds 8 quarts. GM must have increased the Qts because of all the leak problems.  I never ran the truck out of oil.  It has a warning that pops up in the gauge display.

When that display pops up, their are still about 4 quarts left.  I am looking at the Dodge Cumins.  The oil leaks are unacceptable for a vehicle with 22,000 miles.

12 hours ago, Trucker84 said:

diyer2, I did the 10K oil change.  The oil is changed every 5k miles.  The truck holds 8 quarts. GM must have increased the Qts because of all the leak problems.  I never ran the truck out of oil.  It has a warning that pops up in the gauge display.

When that display pops up, their are still about 4 quarts left.  I am looking at the Dodge Cumins.  The oil leaks are unacceptable for a vehicle with 22,000 miles.

That isn't it

:crackup: