In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

CB antenna mount

RickLB

• 1 month later...

Did you ever get one ? I tried and it was out of stock at the time. 

I went a different direction with my radios.  I've got commercial radios from Motorola for ham and public safety. 

20191102_085338.jpg

I don't use a CB, too much Arabic/Indian languages on a CB in Canada, but I have a 2-way radio in my truck I keep on ch 5 to talk to local drivers. I used a low-pro (drive-thru edition) magnetic antenna on my back rack. Do not put magnetic mounts on the body of the truck as the magnet will cut the paint. That seems a little overkill for something simple like an antenna mount, you could just bend a piece of thin gauge and make your own for $1. Mount it in the front stake pocket or on the front of the bed. Having it way up high on the third brake light will mean you will need a short antenna which would be bad for range on a CB or you will be smacking them off roofs everywhere. A co worker had 4' antennas mounted at the top of his rack on his Dodge and it looked hilarious and he had to walk in to get a coffee so he took them off. 

There are/were other threads on this subject and on installing your CB radio in your truck, but I can't find any of them.  I use to have most of them in my favorites (threads that I was following), but my list is now greatly reduced.  ?