Camper shell wiring on 2017 Silverado

I'm new to this forum but an old (very old) hand at DIY repairs and installations on vehicles since the mid  1950s.  I have searched u-tube videos and this forum for wiring source information to wire the 3rd brake and interior light in the cap I just put on my '17 Silverado 1500.  The question is, where can I connect to existing wiring near the back of the bed for the needed lights?  Is that connection available?  II not, why has no one suggested splicing into the existing high brake light circuit and the cargo light circuit ?   I have found videos for every truck except late model GMs.  Some are very amateurish and not even good advice.  This isn't Rocket Science and I think my suggestion above will work but am I reinventing the wheel???

On my 2016, I had added the OEM bed light kit. It plugs in appx behind the license plate under the rearward part of the bed. The lights get activated by the cargo light switch. I bought a Century cap and when they installed it, they removed the left taillight and tapped into the wires for the bed lights for the interior light on the cap. I just leave the cap inside light switch turned on all the time and control it with the cargo light switch. I'm not sure what they did to access the brake light but I am fairly certain that it is tapped somewhere by the left taillight also.

Go to gmbodybuilder.com and pull the circuit info from there.  There were sealed terminals in the under-bed junction box on my ‘14 for brake and bed lights (if you don’t have the factory bed lights -which I did).  I would assume they did the same on the ‘17.  You just need to buy the correct terminals and seals (avail on amazon) and a terminal tool to remove any terminals (if you want to dbl up any existing wires).