Trail boss 6.2l 10 speed reviews, anyone?

11 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

Funny, my last 6.2 2016 Sierra Standard Bed/4x4 with 22 inch wheels was getting the same as buddies 4x2 2018 Sierra 5.3 with 8 speed and also my wifes 2018 5.3 Yukon with 3.08 gears . All around 18-19 area. 

They are very close and you dont need to put in 91 in the 6.2 . Most would prefer 91 but it wont break with 87. Runs just fine. 

The 5.3 to me is lethargic and thats no disrespect to anyone that has one. 

I am gonna disagree with you, the 6.2 does need and should only run 91. The engines already have KR on 91 octane as it is, and if GM says it needs 91 or higher on the gas door you really should run it. GM has taken a standpoint now that if you dont run the correct fuel and it causes engine damage they dont have to warranty the repair to the engine. We saw this wording change on the 2017 Camaro SS and the Corvettes as well.

• 1 month later...

2000 miles on our 2019 sierra Slt with 6.2 and 10 speed. So far unless you are drag racing in sport mode the the 6.2 / 10 speed combo is a step backwards from the the 2017 6.2/8 speed setup. Mpg city is lower and highway mpg is 2-4 poorer at least. The truck does not free wheel or coast, requires constant throttle to maintain speed. 

• Thanks 1

I have yet to find one on any dealer lot.  Using the inventory search on Chevrolet.com, 75001 (Dallas zip code) with a 2000 mile radius I can't find any in stock.  The only filters I used were LT Trailboss and 6.2 powertrain.

Several dealers in my area have them on order but they don't show up in their "in transit" inventory on line.

Keep waiting....

• Like 1

Guys keep in mind whike gm had a strong 3rd quarter there 4th will tank from the strike, my gmc dealer has 2 old body elevations, 1 new crew elevation and 5 3/4 tons in stock, we have a chevy dealer nearbye that stocks well over 100 pickups and they have less then 20 as well

Probably won’t see any 6.2L Trail Bosses for a couple more months.   I placed my order the day the 6.2L option became available, and my build date is week of 12/30, so I am expecting to see it in February.?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1