LED front turn signals LASFIT 7443

Has anyone tried these? Trying to use splicing in a resistor as a last resort. These supposedly work without resistors because they have built in tech to prevent hyper flash.

2018 Silverado LT Z71 CC

bd25fecc4573e62515baf23ce79f0b57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, bhowatt said:

Has anyone tried these? Trying to use splicing in a resistor as a last resort. These supposedly work without resistors because they have built in tech to prevent hyper flash.

2018 Silverado LT Z71 CC

bd25fecc4573e62515baf23ce79f0b57.jpg

No that's not how it works. You'll still need a resistor.

EDIT:

Forgive me as I am outdated. Those appear to work as advertised so feel free to give them a shot.

Edited by DominatorZ71
I am wrong.
  • Like 1

I didn't think the technology was there yet but I am wrong. You pay a little more up front but the end result is better from what I can see.

Ok awesome. I was unsure as well. Seemed too good to be true. Worse case scenario they don’t work and I return them and go back to the idea of splicing in resistors. Should be no harm no foul.

• Like 1

Not trying to rain on your parade, I truly hope these work for you as I will likely be ordering some if they do. 

I posted a youtube video here some time ago in another conversation about LED lighting from someone that tested LED's with resistors built in and they get extremely hot, so I would definitely be keeping an eye on that if I were you.

**EDIT** Found the video again.  A little lengthy but he seems knowledgeable on the subject.

Edited by Darmichar
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Darmichar said:

Not trying to rain on your parade, I truly hope these work for you as I will likely be ordering some if they do. 

I posted a youtube video here some time ago in another conversation about LED lighting from someone that tested LED's with resistors built in and they get extremely hot, so I would definitely be keeping an eye on that if I were you.

**EDIT** Found the video again.  A little lengthy but he seems knowledgeable on the subject.

The Lasfit bulbs claim to have heat control and dissipation. They said if signals are left on for 8-10 minutes they will hyper flash to protect the bulb and housing of the light.

Edited by DominatorZ71
Spelling error
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Any update?

None yet. I burned through about $500 rebadging my truck and powder coating my wheels. As soon as I can get the wife to release more funds this will be the next purchase. [emoji23]

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I bought some of these, https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-LASFIT-7443-7444-Red-LED-Anti-Hyper-Flash-Rear-Turn-Signal-Brake-Tail-Light/123892367765?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649, for the rear and they didn't work, still have the hyperflash after 3 blinks. They are bright as hell though but for what I paid, not worth it. Seller is going to refund full purchase price and send me a return label for them. Customer service is very good, I will say that. 

20 hours ago, 15BlueSilverado said:

I bought some of these, https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-LASFIT-7443-7444-Red-LED-Anti-Hyper-Flash-Rear-Turn-Signal-Brake-Tail-Light/123892367765?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649, for the rear and they didn't work, still have the hyperflash after 3 blinks. They are bright as hell though but for what I paid, not worth it. Seller is going to refund full purchase price and send me a return label for them. Customer service is very good, I will say that. 

Yes, those bulbs will only negate hyper flashing in a single function role (turn signals only). Since our tail lights are dual function (brake and turn) they will still hyper flash. Unfortunately the only way to put led bulbs in our trucks is to use a larger standalone resistor of some sort. I've done a lot of research and unfortunately I don't believe there's a way around it.

I found what seems like a reputable company that sells 7443 led's with resistors already attached for a reasonable price. All you have to do is plug them in and mount the resistors with some heat resistant 3m VHB tape. I'm thinking about giving it a shot..

Edited by mistermcgoo
  • Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 7:25 AM, mistermcgoo said:

Yes, those bulbs will only negate hyper flashing in a single function role (turn signals only). Since our tail lights are dual function (brake and turn) they will still hyper flash. Unfortunately the only way to put led bulbs in our trucks is to use a larger standalone resistor of some sort. I've done a lot of research and unfortunately I don't believe there's a way around it.

I found what seems like a reputable company that sells 7443 led's with resistors already attached for a reasonable price. All you have to do is plug them in and mount the resistors with some heat resistant 3m VHB tape. I'm thinking about giving it a shot..

I kind of thought the same thing but figured I give them a shot knowing I could get a refund if they didn't work. I think I'm gonna give up on just getting the bulbs and look into replacing the whole tail lights altogether with some that have the LEDs built in or the factory LTZ LED tail lights. What's the name of that company though, I might look into some for the front signals, I still want to replace those also.