2020 HD Badging

• txab changed the title to 2020 HD Badging

Base, SLE and SLT have model badging so 2500hd or 3500hd.  As others note, the rear springs are a giveaway for the difference on all trucks but especially AT4 and Denali since they don't say 2500hd or 3500hd on the doors. 

When I was buying my 20 Denali HD, I researched the price.... about 77 - low 78's. My dealer had ordered a Denali HD with me in mind, but not officially "for me". The truck was shipped in June and the truck was allocated to my local dealer. After a couple months, still no truck in stock. The salesman called me and said that truck was "stuck in Michigan" but we have a different 2020 here, not the one he ordered, but it has what I want. 

I went down, drove the truck, they looked at my 2011 Denali HD, gave me a trade in value. However, the gap they wanted between my truck and this new one was way too much, and for some reason the MSRP on this truck was 79390, well over the Denali HD prices I was looking at. I told the salesman that no Denali HD I priced was in the 79's. He claimed it was a running change to the MSRP. The truck produced in June had a lower MSRP that the truck produced in September, almost $2k. I told him I will wait for the June truck. He was eager to make the deal... I told him no problem, drop the price to the regular MSRP and we will negotiate from there. Otherwise I will wait for the truck stuck in Michigan. He reluctantly agreed and I got a price gap to within $200 of what I had hoped to my 2011.

As I signed for the truck, I seen the serial number had "3500xxxxx" in it. They sold me a 1 ton.

So.. no there is no 2500/3500 on the Denali and AT4.... and even the dealer sometimes don't know what they are selling!

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2019 at 11:08 AM, powerhaulic said:

I can honestly say my 2020 3500 AT4 rides better than the '18 2500 Denali I traded.

Very happy with this truck

I had a 2015 All Terrain HD... that thing rides like a dump truck compared to my new AT4 HD.