L86 Manifold Swap- Catch Can Hose

Hey guys, currently I have a UPR catch can installed on my 2014 5.3. I am in the process of converting to a L86 intake. For those who already had the catch can on the 5.3 and did this swap, did you reuse the same hose? Reason I ask is the current nipple on 5.3 intake is in the middle of the intake on driver side while the 6.2 is just above the throttle body. I know I could make one that looks "ehh" but I like the easy connect/disconnect that come on the UPR's. Will it still fit? I would think the lengths are different. Any feedback/help is appreciated. I messaged Joe so this post is jumping the gun I was just too curious. Lol

I was hoping to reuse the current braided hose but second option is going to make one. I like how mine looks now so that was why I am curious. I will mess with it and see. I contacted UPR to see if I can order just the 1 piece to fit the manifold portion but if it's more than a couple bucks I wont

Whats the benefits of swapping the manifold, it adds power and TQ?

It adds a few more horsepower and a little more torque. If you do it with all stock parts, it’s cheap and worth about 5-10 horses on a stock motor. It would be better for an engine that has an aftermarket cam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More noticeable results depending on your upgrades. Bolt it onto a bone stock L83 and you'll feel "ehh". But I have headers, full exhaust, tuned on 91 and E85. So I will feel throttle response and it will run stronger. All in preparation for boost

5 hours ago, Bohanan23 said:

Not doing any type of internal work until it's no longer a daily. Going either Whipple 2.9 or D1 Procharger next year.

You won't need a manifold swap when you Whipple. It takes the place of the manifold... The D1 however, will greatly benefit from the swap. Much more air to "gulp". If you want to get crazy; do the manifold swap then throw on a Lingenfelter 95mm Ported TB. Boom. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DenaliX14 said:

You won't need a manifold swap when you Whipple. It takes the place of the manifold... The D1 however, will greatly benefit from the swap. Much more air to "gulp". If you want to get crazy; do the manifold swap then throw on a Lingenfelter 95mm Ported TB. Boom. 

Yes I know. Just haven't decided. But in the mean time I upgrade where I can. Truck already has long tubes, x pipe, tuned etc. Leaning towards the 2.9 though since I have a crew cab, but again, I have months to consider. Install on the L86 manifold and throttle body is happening today.

2 hours ago, Bohanan23 said:

Yes I know. Just haven't decided. But in the mean time I upgrade where I can. Truck already has long tubes, x pipe, tuned etc. Leaning towards the 2.9 though since I have a crew cab, but again, I have months to consider. Install on the L86 manifold and throttle body is happening today.

Cool, enjoy. Should make a little more. Maybe consider a turbo down the road. They'll make significant power.