Check Engine Light

So I installed a GM cold air intake about a month ago and had the dealer load the tune. Since the “tune” was loaded the truck’s fuel mileage dropped 2-3 mpg and the check engine light keeps coming on. Each time the light comes on my Onstar states an emission related issue. The first issue was a vacuum leak at the MAF, then the next was an O2 sensor that needed to be replaced and who knows what it is now. Is it possible the dealer did not load the correct tune into the ECM when the CAI was installed? I would be interested to hear everyone’s thoughts on this issue.

Any chance you sprayed anything on the mass airflow sensor while you had it out? Or does the CAI come with a new one? They can get messed up if you spray brake clean or anything other than MAF sensor cleaner on them... Just a thought.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

No issue with my CAI nor exhaust.  I did not like that GM CAI does not provide a rubber seal for the MAF to the new CAI housing but if there is any leaks there I cannot imagine it would trip a code.  I always go back to the last thing that changed.  If you had no issues prior to the dealer flashing the ECU, I think they did a bad flash and would start there.  That definitely would not be the first time that there was a communication issues during a flash but they should have caught that.

• 3 years later...