I currently have a GM 2017 6.2 with trailer package. My 2020 GMC HD is to arrive next week.What will I need to buy for hitches for my boat, utility trailer, and my Travel trailer hitch for my 7500 lb trailer? or will current hitches be OK?

I had to go with a 10" drop hitch for my inline snowmobile trailer because it had a custom underslung frame for the hitch as it is a wider 7.5' trailer. With the 10" drop I was able to level out my trailer fully loaded. But if your trailer coupler height is over 13" high, you can use an 8" drop hitch. The top of the hitch was just under 21" above the ground with 800 lbs tongue weight on my 2500.

More pics here: 

IMG_20190919_191210s.jpg

The hitch receiver is wider on these trucks. My 2020 came with a sleeve so my 2” hitch fits in. None of my locking hitch pins were long enough to fit through. I used the standard pin that came with the truck for the first trip but was worried someone would grab my $500 hitch so I pulled it off when I parked the trailer for the weekend.

I order a wider locking pin so all set now. Would have needed the pin and sleeve had it not been delivered with the truck. Not sure if that’s standard for all 2020 HDs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the 2020 HD's have the 2.5" square hitch receiver, and I'm not sure what year the HD's started coming that way. Good point that the "standard" 2" hitch receiver locks don't fit. I ordered the Weigh Safe hitch lock with my new hitch as it fits the wider hitch receivers.