Adding 2nd battery

21 hours ago, Gary Lee Thompson said:

I am considering adding 2nd battery on front drivers side battery tray 2018 Silverado 1500 4.3, to use in travel trailer that I will camp in. Any ideas how to hook up & be able to charge. Do diesel trucks still use 2 batteries?

I know the advantage of an extra battery when camping off grid and wondering why you choose to locate the trailer battery in your truck?  I ran two batteries on my trailer and my truck charged them while towing.

12 hours ago, Gary Lee Thompson said:

There is an empty battery tray location in engine compartment that I will use for battery now mounted on trailer tongue. I am planning to use 2 6volt  golf cart batteries to replace battery now on tongue. I will primarily use the single battery in engine compartment, w/isolator, to run CPAP machine.

I found that the storage in the two 6V batteries was ample for my needs but didn't run a CPAP.   I had to give up my trailer but my next step was to add a small solar panel to keep my batteries topped up.   Our local auto store sells panels that are portable and set up on a stand next to your camper.   Good luck with your project!