Lug nuts ?

On 12/2/2019 at 5:56 PM, bullet3z said:

Just got a set of wheels. Now I need a set of black lug nuts. What is everyone with aftermarket wheels running? My lug nuts will be exposed so I suppose I need to get a set of closed acorn style. Also what thread do we need?

Woh, slow down there. contact the factory(of the rims) and ask them what seat you have for them. They might say acorn(Ball), conical, or flat(most vehicle are not flat). once you know this you can order the proper lug nuts.

ALL LUG NUTS ARE NOT CREATED EQUAL.

Lug Nut Seat Types

Edited by BlancoSilverado
  • Like 2

Thanks for the info. I already got the specifics for the wheel. Who knew lug nuts were not pretty much all the same.

On a side note. I was also told we have a 14mm x 1.50 thread and needed the 1.9" long nuts. Hopefully that is helpful to others.

On 12/5/2019 at 11:29 AM, BlancoSilverado said:

Woh, slow down there. contact the factory(of the rims) and ask them what seat you have for them. They might say acorn(Ball), conical, or flat(most vehicle are not flat). once you know this you can order the proper lug nuts.

ALL LUG NUTS ARE NOT CREATED EQUAL.

Lug Nut Seat Types

I am asking because I do not know, but are they not all the same? And by that I mean (for example) if my 2019 AT4 is "tapered" are all 2019 AT4's tapered? And if a 2020 is "Radius" are all 2020's "Radius"?

Or can they vary?

2 hours ago, Taz56 said:

I am asking because I do not know, but are they not all the same? And by that I mean (for example) if my 2019 AT4 is "tapered" are all 2019 AT4's tapered? And if a 2020 is "Radius" are all 2020's "Radius"?

Or can they vary?

kinda of a loaded question, 

All Honda civics use the same lugs(year by year basis), some Ford use conical or flat(matters on steel vs aluminum rims) for the new silverado I am not sure at this point(too early). 

Now to the OP question. it matters on the new rim style. It wont matter what the truck came with if the new rims are different. 

11 minutes ago, BlancoSilverado said:

Now to the OP question. it matters on the new rim style. It wont matter what the truck came with if the new rims are different. 

Ah yes. I did know but forgot his were not stock rims, I had it in my mind he was just looking to color match his lugs....