Recently purchased a Sierra AT4 with the 5.3 engine.  Am looking to replace just the muffler to get a little more "throaty" sound.  I measured my inlet and outlet diameter and it was 2.75" however, I cannot find mufflers with that size inlets and outlets...anyone have any advice?!

17 hours ago, SquireSCA said:

Straight pipe it.  Did it on my 2018 and just did it on my 2019 Trail Boss.  Sounds excellent.

I’m thinking about doing the same thing on my 2020 TB... So it sounds awesome? Did you notice any HP loss from lack of back pressure? Some people are telling me not to do it because I will lose power? I much rather want to run a straight pipe over a aftermarket muffler... Thanks for any input... And to the person who asked about size... Yes it measures 2.75 on in and out, you need to buy a muffler with 3 inch inlet and outlet... Hope this answers your question..

1 hour ago, scotman623 said:

I’m thinking about doing the same thing on my 2020 TB... So it sounds awesome? Did you notice any HP loss from lack of back pressure? Some people are telling me not to do it because I will lose power? I much rather want to run a straight pipe over a aftermarket muffler... Thanks for any input... And to the person who asked about size... Yes it measures 2.75 on in and out, you need to buy a muffler with 3 inch inlet and outlet... Hope this answers your question..

You won’t lose power...  it sounds great, takes some weight off and runs fine...