2 minutes ago, BlancoSilverado said:

I put the drain leading to the front of the passenger tire. works great.

Ok, thanks.

Im thinking I might try putting the drain valves on the end of the drain hoses so as to  be able to reach them easier and also so it wont drip out of the hoses after I drain it.

Thoughts?

11 minutes ago, RaisedByWolves said:

Ok, thanks.

Im thinking I might try putting the drain valves on the end of the drain hoses so as to  be able to reach them easier and also so it wont drip out of the hoses after I drain it.

Thoughts?

I have a lathe at my disposal, so i made some plugs so it wont drip after.

I do have to use gloves everytime i drain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/19/2019 at 7:45 AM, SquireSCA said:

Install was easy.  Mounted it right up with an L bracket from Home Depot and a lock-nut to that mounting screw for the washer fluid reservoir...

Connected the two hoses, done.

I did make sure to unscrew the internal filter that the "in" line with the oily mist flows through, and filled it with steel wool... this "filter" forces the hot oily air to breath through that, and very effectively separates out the oil before the vacuum line draws that air into the manifold.  Those droplets form inside that inner filter, and then drip into the bottom of the can...  

Here it all is, installed.

IMG_0460.JPG

IMG_0459.JPG

That’s a sweet looking setup. Will be using the exact one. The name brand ones are way to expensive for a Chinese catch can with hose and plastic fittings if you ask me. I’ve seen those catch cans on eBay for about 20 dollars. I’ll run over to Home Depot and look for the bracket. You screw the HD bracket directly to the catch can with the provided screws? And did you have to drill holes on the bracket? Better pics would be appreciated. 

Anybody put one on a 3.0 dmax yet?  Curious if there was anything in there to talk about if so.  I would think this mineral oil they want us to use would vaporize really quickly and get sucked all around the places it shouldn't be. 

I was going to and got all the stuff to do it, but ended up going back to the 6.2l before getting around to it. During my time with the 3.0L I found traces of oil in the charge pipe/resonator after the turbo. The pcv system goes from the valve cover to the turbo itself.