Can't download apps on trucks radio. Am I an idiot??

Pulled the battery for a few minutes to reset the radio and WiFi. 

now the radio shit the bed and won’t connect to anything. 
I do remember it taking about 2 weeks for pandora to work last time I disconnected the battery. 

I'm assuming there is a deeper radio issue going on here. 

DUHHH Pandork is blocking you cause they know you’re wanting to cancel service (there’s a pay service version of Pdork? Who knew?) & they can’t afford to lose 1/3rd of their customer base... 

Found this somewhere else. I’d guess you need Onstar to make it work? 

OnStar Marketplace connects the vehicle directly with third-party apps for Domino’s, IHOP, Shell and others.

Edited by wforrest08
  • Haha 1

https://www.chevrolet.com/index/experience-chevrolet/connected-services-nav/in-vehicle-tech.html

on this page on Chevy.com their is a + next to Spotify (as well as some other apps) if you click it it says to visit Spotify.com to sign up no subscription needed. There is no + next to Pdork so I think Pdork is standard (my 015 even has it on the screen & has been since day one even though I’ve never used it once). 

Also this page has a disclaimer on select 018+ models. So maybe it’s a mid year model change thing? 

Update. After much more research.... I’ve found out 3 things. 

1- I am in fact an idiot

2-GM’s literature is misleading 

3-GM has the shittiest “App Store” in existence. 

The 14 apps that I can see on my screen are all I can get. Somewhere along the line they added Spotify, but must be after my truck was made and won’t backwards update to mine. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

I know I am ressurecting a thread that is a few years old but from what I can see it was never answered.   All I see is a bunch of responses telling the original poster to not use the service that is available on the truck.  

I am running in to the same issue.   The apps fail to install.   I have a 2018 Sierra.

Please respond if anyone has any ideas on why this is occurring.  The things I don't really care to hear is "Don't use the apps, just plug in your Android, or Apple device"... that's not an answer and it doesn't resolve a potential issue with the truck.

• 1 year later...

chrlorsw

I'd give you 10 stars if I could.  Was thinking the same thing all the way thru this old thread.

Others - If you don't know the answer to the problem... just shut up.

Nobody cares what your favorite flavor of ice cream is.

Here's the solution and a link.

Short answer: You need to pay for the ability to download apps.

https://www.chevrolet.com/support/vehicle/entertainment/displays-radio/infotainment-system-setup

Download Apps

If your vehicle is equipped with in-vehicle app service, you can access music, news, weather, travel, sports and entertainment apps from your touchscreen. You can also download apps from The New York Times, Washington Post and more. Here’s how:

1. Press the Apps icon on the Home screen.
  2. Select the app to download and tap Install.
  3. After it installs, the app’s icon will appear on your Home screen. Tap the icon to launch it.
  4. Read and accept the app’s Terms and Conditions.

Helpful Tip:

Downloading and using apps via your vehicle’s infotainment system requires an eligible active service plan.

• Like 1