Fuel filter reset

10 hours ago, davester said:

You are doing this "To reset the system,press and hold the thumbwheel fortwo seconds while Fuel Filter LifeRemaining is displayed on the DIC."?

What happens for you when you do?

I did that and also 5 seconds or longer and it beeps but nothing happens.  When you press the wheel it switches over to the confirmation page that asks if you want to reset it, I select yes and it stays at 28%.  When I hold the wheel down for any amount of time it beeps but doesn't switch to the other screen.

1 hour ago, Irish80 said:

I did that and also 5 seconds or longer and it beeps but nothing happens.  When you press the wheel it switches over to the confirmation page that asks if you want to reset it, I select yes and it stays at 28%.  When I hold the wheel down for any amount of time it beeps but doesn't switch to the other screen.

On my 18, you had to press the center button and hold it for 5 seconds.  After the beep, stop pressing the button and cycle the key.  Then it would reset to 100%.

With the push button, I would presume it's all done the same.  This was all done without the engine actually running though.

11 minutes ago, cdh7917 said:

On my 18, you had to press the center button and hold it for 5 seconds.  After the beep, stop pressing the button and cycle the key.  Then it would reset to 100%.

With the push button, I would presume it's all done the same.  This was all done without the engine actually running though.

Unfortunately you can't actually get to that menu if the truck isn't running on the new ones.  I've done what the manual says and it won't work, so I'm assuming there is an issue.  Looks like it'll be another trip back to the dealer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

if you have push button start: hold the start button (without foot on the brake) for 5 seconds. that will put the truck into run mode without the truck running. then reset the filter. turn the ignition off and it should be reset on next power up

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2020 at 9:42 AM, kylant said:

if you have push button start: hold the start button (without foot on the brake) for 5 seconds. that will put the truck into run mode without the truck running. then reset the filter. turn the ignition off and it should be reset on next power up

Thanks. This worked for me finally. The dealer wasn’t even sure how to do it. Lol. 

• 1 year later...

i took my 2020 silverado 2500 diesel to the dealer today and had the fuel filter replaced.  They couldn't reset it.  So I got on line and notice your email.  It worked great.  hold the start button for 5 seconds without touching the brake pedal.  then when in accessory mode push in the center button on the right side for 2 seconds and it immediately went to 100%.

thanks