X31 or not?

steve8

yeah I thought about that too, makes no sense not to have a 4 low, but I don't really use my truck in that way and I do have similar option on my RST as a 4 low, forget what they call it and sure its not the same (maybe someone knows exactly what it does)....but for my needs its totally fine

if I lived back east or in north am sure it would be a bigger issue....here its all desert and I don't go looking for "shit" shall we say

air dam on RST needs to go and idk why they put foglights so low, makes approach angle impossible  to raise almost.....GMC foglights are a lot higher....I really liked GMC a lot just they wouldn't give me 4x4 for same price, they would only match trims but in 2WD....and they even had hard time finding this one......standard beds hard to find in so cal from any manufacturer, I couldn't believe it actually.....I asked him who is buying all these shortboxes, theyre useless.....he said that's all they sell these days...95% of trucks are shortboxes, wait? wtf.....grocery getter luxury half tons, no wonder theyre 80k, lol

Edited by Dunn

Been driving GM 4wd trucks continuously since 1995, in a rural/farm environment.

I've had most of them in 4 Lo, just to see if it worked, but have never 'needed' 4wd low. 

Of course that doesn't mean there aren't those that would use 4LO....

Availability for 2020: 

Base Sierra, SLE, Elevation and SLT have as standard :

NP0    Transfer case, single speed, electronic Autotrac with push button control (4WD models only)

Available on the above 4 trims, and standard on AT4 and Denali :

NQH    Transfer case, two-speed, electronic Autotrac with push button control (4WD models only)
Base sierra - Included and only available with (X31) X31 Off-Road Package or available as a free flow option on TK10903.
SLE and Elevation - Included and only available with (X31) X31 Off-Road Package.
SLT - Included and only available with (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine or (X31) X31 Off-Road Package.

(TK10903 is reg cab, long bed, 4wd)

Edited by redwngr
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, LSUtigerME said:

I overlooked the 2 speed transfer case and it’s frustrating to me. I’d get the X31 specifically for that reason. It’s not that big of a deal really, but I have no idea why GM would offer a 4WD option without it.

Ive heard the ride is worse, so I’d suggest just driving each and seeing if you notice a difference. If the 4L is not a big deal, go with the better ride. Dual exhaust and Bedliner can be had aftermarket for reasonable cost.

It's probably the typical GM bean counters doing their bean counting or something. Same dumb reason you can't spec a higher gear ratio. Other brands let you get 3.73, 4.10, 4.30, etc with almost any trim/engine/configuration. 

13 hours ago, Dunn said:

yeah I thought about that too, makes no sense not to have a 4 low, but I don't really use my truck in that way and I do have similar option on my RST as a 4 low, forget what they call it and sure its not the same (maybe someone knows exactly what it does)....but for my needs its totally fine

if I lived back east or in north am sure it would be a bigger issue....here its all desert and I don't go looking for "shit" shall we say

air dam on RST needs to go and idk why they put foglights so low, makes approach angle impossible  to raise almost.....GMC foglights are a lot higher....I really liked GMC a lot just they wouldn't give me 4x4 for same price, they would only match trims but in 2WD....and they even had hard time finding this one......standard beds hard to find in so cal from any manufacturer, I couldn't believe it actually.....I asked him who is buying all these shortboxes, theyre useless.....he said that's all they sell these days...95% of trucks are shortboxes, wait? wtf.....grocery getter luxury half tons, no wonder theyre 80k, lol

The hypocrisy in this post...

Tyler

lol, yeah it does sound bad after re reading it, a few beers deep last mite lol

what I meant was makes no sense for any 4x4 not to have 4 lo from factory cuz they all used to......but since they don't all come with it, it doesn't really effect me personally

Edited by Dunn